Friday, May 17, 2013
- Grand Opening Weekend of Sunken City Brewery (10am – 5:30pm) @ Sunken City Brewery. For more - https://www.facebook.com/events/298943040237537/?ref=2
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet o Grandin Chillage (6pm – 10pm) @ Grandin Village. For more information visit - https://www.facebook.com/events/160017827498939/?ref=2
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field. www.salemredsox.com
Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ The Greenway in front of Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital § Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking o Local Colors Festival (10am– 5pm) @ Elmwood Park. The Local Colors Festival highlights the ethnic and cultural diversity of the Ranoke Valley. For More info - http://www.downtownroanoke.org/do/local-colors-festival-2013
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke § For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- BBQ at Sedalia (12pm– 6pm) @ The Sedalia Center § BBQ tasting and competition. For More info – www.sedaliacenter.org
- Vinton Wine & Food Festival (1pm– 6pm) @ Front Lawn of The Vinton War Memorial § Wine & Food festival to celebrate Virginia wines and local chefs. For more info - www.vintonwinefestival.com
- Bluegrass on the Market (6pm– 10pm) @ Salem Farmer’s Market. Bluegrass Jam. For More info - http://home.comcast.net/~bluegrass-in-roanoke/site/?/home/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (6:05 pm – 9pm) @ Lewis Gale Field § www.salemredsox.com
- Puppy Love Ball (6:30pm – 11pm) @ The Shenandoah Club • Elegant dinner/dance fundraiser for the Roanoke Valley SPCA. For more info – www.rvspca.org
Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (6:05 pm – 9pm) @ Lewis Gale Field. www.salemredsox.com
Monday, May 20, 2013
- Monday Fun-Day! (6pm - ???) @ 202 Market • Come out and start off the week the right way with a drink and some good food. This is a great way to meet new people and hang with old ones. For more info hit me up. For more info about this group - http://on.fb.me/IdeWTZ
The GILES COUNTY AUTISM FOCUS GROUP (GCAFG) is hosting the film screening of The Story of Luke. It will be held at the Carmike 10 - Tanglewood Mall in Roanoke on June 5 at 7:30pm. The film is about a young man with Autism who must survive in the world on his own. This is the first time this movie will be shown on the big screen in Southwest Virginia. The film is rated PG so children may attend.
We must sell 84 tickets in order to have this event and to receive any donations that are made. Please share this email and invite your friends! Make sure to reserve your tickets by May 29. Tickets are $12, which goes to the theatre and the company who has the rights to show the film. When you reserve your tickets you will be given an option to make a donation to our group. A donation is not required to attend the event. A member of the GCAFG will introduce the film. After the movie has finished, a representative from the Virginia Tech Autism Clinic or Virginia Tech Center for Autism Research will speak briefly. To reserve your tickets and find out more information about this exciting event go to http://www.tugg.com/go/bvfmhk. For more information on other events, view our page at http://www.facebook.com/GilesAutism. The GCAFG is a group of parents with children who have Autism, a Speech-Language Pathologist and a Program Supervisor from New River Valley Community Services. We raise funds to increase awareness about Autism and provide educational tools for local schools to use for children with Autism.
EVERY WEDNESDAY ULTIMATE FRISBEE Roanoke Ultimate (Frisbee) Weekly Pickup - Every Wednesday, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ River's Edge Sport Complex South - Field 4. For info - www.roanokeultimate.com.
“MMMOVE” My Motivation Movement (MMMOVE) - It's about helping people connect with others in the Community, find joy in Fitness, and improve their Health. 3 Miles • You vs. You • Free. This is an event you won't want to miss. With live music, food and activities, there really is something for everyone. You can walk, jog, run, or be a cheerleader! It's not a race; you compete against a goal you set for yourself at registration. Join us on June 1, 2013 on the Roanoke River Greenway. Learn more at www.mmmove.org, and register at http://bit.ly/MMMOVE2013.
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.