Friday, April 26, 2013
- Free Wine Tasting (4pm – 8pm) @ Mr. Bills Wine Cellar
- A Good Day to Die: Movie Production Event (5pm – 8pm) @ Fork in the City Please join Roanoke native and feature film producer, Andrea Shreeman at Fork in the City when she shares details of this coming film project. Hosted by David & Ann Trinkle. For more info - https://www.facebook.com/events/491933404205434/
- Salem After Five (5:30pm – 9pm) @ Salem Farmer’s Market. Outdoor concert series benefitting local charities. For more info - http://ww2.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=36716&dteId=40445
- Vinton Dogwood Festival (6 pm – 11pm) @ Roanoke Co Central Middle School. For more info - http://www.vintondogwoodfestival.org/
- Grandin Chillage (6pm – 9pm) @ Grandin Village park lot behind Surf n’ Turf. Get out for some live music, beers and wine. For more info – https://www.facebook.com/events/496993913693362/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Lynchburg Hill Cats (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field. www.salemredsox.com
- Callback Comedy Club (8pm – 11pm) @ Pomegranate Restaurant. Standup Comedy Comes to Botetourt.http://ww2.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=35932&dteId=36436
- GLOBAL YOUTH SERVICE DAY First 200 volunteers will receive a GYSD T-shirt! For a list of all volunteer opportunities, please visit our website at: www.fsrv.org/gysd
Saturday, April 27, 2013
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ The Greenway in front of Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Vinton Dogwood Festival (8:30am – 10pm) @ Roanoke Co Central Middle School. For more info - www.vintondogwoodfestival.org/
- Workshop: Street Photography (10am –12pm) @ O’Winston Link Museum. For more info – www.downtownroanoke.org/do/workshop-street-photography
- Party For the Planet (11am – 4pm) @ Mill Mountain Zoo. Come celebrate Earth Day with a Party for the Planet. For more info – www.mmzoo.org
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Blacksburg Fork and Cork (12pm – 6pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. The Blacksburg Partnership presents Blacksburg Fork and Cork, A Food, Wine and Art festival. For more info - www.blacksburgforkandcork.com
- Rockin’ Brew’s & BBQ at SML (12pm – 6pm) @ Downton Moneta. Live music, beers and BBQ! For more info - www.visitsmithmountainlake.com/
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar
- Salem Red Sox vs. Lynchburg Hill Cats (6:05 pm – 9pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com. Arrive early to see Virginia Western President, Robert Sandel, throw out the first pitch. Get in free with your current Virginia Western ID.
- GLOBAL YOUTH SERVICE DAY For a list of all volunteer opportunities, please visit our website at www.fsrv.org/gysd
Sunday, April 28, 2013
- Vinton Dogwood Festival (1pm – 10pm) @ Roanoke Co Central Middle School. For more info - http://www.vintondogwoodfestival.org/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Lynchburg Hill Cats (4:05 pm – 7pm) @ Lewis Gale Field. www.salemredsox.com
EVERY WEDNESDAY ULTIMATE FRISBEE Roanoke Ultimate (Frisbee) Weekly Pickup - Every Wednesday, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm @ River's Edge Sport Complex South - Field 4. For info - www.roanokeultimate.com.
FORT LEWIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PTA CARNIVAL AND AUCTION is on Friday, May 3, 2013. There will both a silent and live auction. Live music will be provided by TRU GRIT. The festivities will begin at 5:30PM until ??. Dinner is $5 per person and activities are 4 tickets for $1. “All Inclusive” wristbands are also available. For additional information, and to see a listing of items being auctioned off, please visit (and like) the following Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hjhm514#!/flescarnivalandauction
DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT May 4th at Cave Spring High School. $5 per player (8 min on team), $3 admission. All proceeds support Knights Booster Foundation Scholarships. Contact Karin Colozza (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.
WOODBRIDGE NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY YARD SALE is on Saturday, May 4, 2013. If you have not stopped by this MASSIVE neighborhood yard sale in the past, you will not want to miss it this year. Take Main Street in Salem, to Mill Lane (by Sheetz, across from Salem High School), and then follow the signs (or the cars) to this impressive event. The sale is from 8am until ????.
“MMMOVE” My Motivation Movement (MMMOVE) - It's about helping people connect with others in the Community, find joy in Fitness, and improve their Health. 3 Miles • You vs. You • Free. This is an event you won't want to miss. With live music, food and activities, there really is something for everyone. You can walk, jog, run, or be a cheerleader! It's not a race; you compete against a goal you set for yourself at registration. Join us on June 1, 2013 on the Roanoke River Greenway. Learn more at www.mmmove.org, and register at http://bit.ly/MMMOVE2013.
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to email@example.com.