February 14, 2013
Radford University On-Site Admissions
Dates: Tuesday, February 26th 2013 & Thursday, April 18th 2013
Contact Steven Chichester in the Advising & Retention Office (Chapman Hall C120) to register. You must bring your completed application and ALL transcripts in order to register for the event.
What to Bring
- Completed online or paper application to Radford.
- Your personal statement (optional) and $50 application fee or fee waiver (if completing the paper application)
- Bring official transcripts from ALL colleges & universities previously attended (unofficial transcripts will not be reviewed)
- Bring official high school transcripts (necessary for students with fewer than 24 transferable credits or do not have college level math)
- If you have fewer than 24 transferable hours of credit, bring copies of your ACT and/or SAT test scores
- Bring documentation: visa, green card and/or other necessary documents if you are not a U.S. citizen. (May need evidence of English proficiency; e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or English 101/102 grades.) Bring a bank statement (dated no more than 12 months prior) for the planned term of entry to RU which discloses the specific amount of money (in U.S. Dollars) immediately available for your next year of studies. (A minimum of $33,736 is required) and a letter of support from your financial sponsor (multiple sponsors are accepted) or use our Confidential Statement of Financial Support found at: http://www.radford.edu/content/dam/departments/administrative/admissions/content-files/2012FinancialStatement.pdf
What Happens at On-Site Admissions
- You will meet with an admissions representative
- You will receive an admissions decision
- You may find out more about transfer scholarships
- You may learn about the details for placement exams, transfer orientation and academic advising
- You may get information about campus resources to help you succeed at the University
For more information, call the Radford Office of Admissions at 540-831-5371, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ping Pong Thursdays begin February 21 from 12:00-2:00 PM in the Student Activities Conference room (G205) in the Thomas Center. Balls and paddles are provided.
Virginia Western Family Bowling Night! Rescheduled from Last Week!
Friday, February 15
All you can bowl from 5pm to 8 pm
Free!! Shoes and games included!
Family Bowling Night! Virginia Western students can sign up for this fun, all you can bowl evening with a friend or family member!
Event includes bowling, lane and shoe rental. Does not include any food or beverages. Participants must have their own transportation to the bowling alley. Sign up with Student Activities to reserve your spot.
Email Natasha Lee at email@example.com or call 540-857-6326.
“Navigate: Get THERE through Team Advising” is the title of our Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that is being developed during this academic year.
Come learn more about this preliminary five year action plan. We will share the preliminary details and get your feedback during these Student focus groups. They will be held on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013, in Webber 308 from 12:30-1:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 20, 2013, in Webber 310 from 12-1 pm
Refreshments will be provided.
Do you see a heart around Virginia Western's campus today?! Find a Happy Heart and return it to the Student Activities Office (Second Floor, Thomas Center) to redeem a prize!
You could win prizes like: $10 Chick Fil A Card, $20 Kroger Card, Candy Prize Pack, Movie Tickets, Coffee Mugs, or a $40 Kroger Gas Card (Grand Prize!)
9 am to 5 pm
Sponsored by Student Activities. For more information, contact Natasha Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-6326.