Virginia Western Family Bowling Night!
Friday, February 8
All you can bowl from 5pm to 8 pm
Family Bowling Night! Virginia Western students can sign up for this fun, all you can bowl evening with a friend or
Event includes bowling, lane and shoe rental. Does not include any food or beverages. Participants must have their own transportation to the bowling alley. Limited number of spots available. Sign up with Student Activities to reserve your spot.
$5 deposit required at time of signup (refunded upon arrival to event).
Radford University On-Site Admissions
Dates: Tuesday, February 26th 2013 & Thursday, April 18th 2013
Contact Steven Chichester in the Advising & Retention Office (Chapman Hall C120) to register. You must bring your completed application and ALL transcripts in order to register for the event.
What to Bring
- Completed online or paper application to Radford.
- Your personal statement (optional) and $50 application fee or fee waiver (if completing the paper application)
- Bring official transcripts from ALL colleges & universities previously attended (unofficial transcripts will not be reviewed)
- Bring official high school transcripts (necessary for students with fewer than 24 transferable credits or do not have college level math)
- If you have fewer than 24 transferable hours of credit, bring copies of your ACT and/or SAT test scores
- International Students Only: Apply Online 7 days in advance or bring a completed International Admissions Application
- Bring documentation: visa, green card and/or other necessary documents if you are not a U.S. citizen. (May need evidence of English proficiency; e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or English 101/102 grades.) Bring a bank statement (dated no more than 12 months prior) for the planned term of entry to RU which discloses the specific amount of money (in U.S. Dollars) immediately available for your next year of studies. (A minimum of $33,736 is required) and a letter of support from your financial sponsor (multiple sponsors are accepted) or use our Confidential Statement of Financial Support found at: http://www.radford.edu/content/dam/departments/administrative/admissions/content-files/2012FinancialStatement.pdf
What Happens at On-Site Admissions
- You will meet with an admissions representative
- You will receive an admissions decision
- You may find out more about transfer scholarships
- You may learn about the details for placement exams, transfer orientation and academic advising
- You may get information about campus resources to help you succeed at the University
For more information, call the Radford Office of Admissions at 540-831-5371, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jefferson College of Health Sciences
On-Site Application Review
Virginia Western Community College
Friday, February 15th
Apply By: Tuesday, February 12th
In order to be considered, you must:
- Sign up with Steven Chichester, Academic Advisor (Chapman Hall C120)
- Submit all college and high school transcripts to Steven Chichester when you sign-up.
- Submit a completed application to Steven Chichester by Tuesday, February 12th. You can find the application online at: www.jchs.edu
Questions, please contact: Sarah Ross, Assistant Director of Admissions, email@example.com
Virginia Western Community College Blood Drive!
Wednesday, February 6
11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Parking lot 1 in front of the Natural Science Center
Free stuff for presenting donors
Contact Lori Mier or Natasha Lee in student activities or log on to www.redcrossblood.org sponsor code 35625 to schedule an appointment
Trip: American Shakespeare Center in Staunton, Virginia to see Julius Caesar
Thursday, February 7
Depart VWCC at 8 am
Link to show: http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/v.php?pg=1367
Trip includes transportation and ticket. Limited spots available, sign up in advance with Student Activities in Thomas Center, Room 208 or 210. $5 deposit required at time of sign up (returned upon arrival to event – instant lunch money!) We will stop for a quick lunch after the -performance.
Contact Natasha Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are excited to announce that two new Reference Assistants started at Brown Library this semester.
Marci Myers comes to us from the Bedford County Public Library System and received her M.L.S. degree from Clarion University of Pennsylvania.
Rebecca Greer most recently worked at the architecture library at Virginia Tech and previously worked at Blacksburg City Public Libraries. She is a student in the graduate library science program at the University of Washington.
Both Marci and Rebecca will be working during our day hours. Please join us in welcoming them to Brown Library!
The computer open lab locating in room M302 of the Business Science Building will be closed on Thursday, January 31 from 2 – 8 p.m. Student needing access to a computer may use the computer lab in the Learning Technology Center, room B17/B18 of Brown Library.