Friday, January 25, 2013
Saturday, January 26, 2013
- Free Wine Tasting @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar (noon – 5 p.m.)
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Tanglewood Mall. Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Fireside Open House (11am–5pm) @ Hickory Hill. Come in from the cold and warm up beside the wood stove in our unique 1923 farm house tasting room at Hickory Hill’s Fireside Open House. For more info – http://www.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=34381&dteId=29083
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Public Ice Skating (12pm–3pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center
- Virginia Tech vs. Temple (7:30pm–9:30pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info – www.roanokeciviccenter.com
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Radford University On-Site Admissions
Dates: Tuesday, February 26th 2013 & Thursday, April 18th 2013
Contact Steven Chichester in the Advising & Retention Office (Chapman Hall C120) to register. You must bring your completed application and ALL transcripts in order to register for the event.
What to Bring
- Completed online or paper application to Radford.
- Your personal statement (optional) and $50 application fee or fee waiver (if completing the paper application)
- Bring official transcripts from ALL colleges & universities previously attended (unofficial transcripts will not be reviewed)
- Bring official high school transcripts (necessary for students with fewer than 24 transferable credits or do not have college level math)
- If you have fewer than 24 transferable hours of credit, bring copies of your ACT and/or SAT test scores
- International Students Only: Apply Online 7 days in advance or bring a completed International Admissions Application
- Bring documentation: visa, green card and/or other necessary documents if you are not a U.S. citizen. (May need evidence of English proficiency; e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or English 101/102 grades.) Bring a bank statement (dated no more than 12 months prior) for the planned term of entry to RU which discloses the specific amount of money (in U.S. Dollars) immediately available for your next year of studies. (A minimum of $33,736 is required) and a letter of support from your financial sponsor (multiple sponsors are accepted) or use our Confidential Statement of Financial Support found at: http://www.radford.edu/content/dam/departments/administrative/admissions/content-files/2012FinancialStatement.pdf
What Happens at On-Site Admissions
- You will meet with an admissions representative
- You will receive an admissions decision
- You may find out more about transfer scholarships
- You may learn about the details for placement exams, transfer orientation and academic advising
- You may get information about campus resources to help you succeed at the University
For more information, call the Radford Office of Admissions at 540-831-5371, or e-mail: email@example.com
Jefferson College of Health Sciences
On-Site Application Review
Virginia Western Community College
Friday, February 15th
Apply By: Tuesday, February 12th
In order to be considered, you must:
- Sign up with Steven Chichester, Academic Advisor (Chapman Hall C120)
- Submit all college and high school transcripts to Steven Chichester when you sign-up.
- Submit a completed application to Steven Chichester by Tuesday, February 12th. You can find the application online at: www.jchs.edu
Questions, please contact: Sarah Ross, Assistant Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rock & Roll Diner will not be on campus today due to the high winds and cold weather. It is difficult to keep the water from freezing during the extremely cold weather.
Learn Salsa Steps with Eddie Ornelas, a local instructor! Eddie was born in Mexico City and is the founder of SalsaNoke!
Starts this Thursday!
Meet in the H100 Gym, every Thursday from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. From January 24 to February 28
Free for students, faculty and staff! No experience or partner necessary! All experience levels welcome!
For more information, contact Student Activities Coordinator Natasha Lee, email@example.com.
Don't forget to sign up for 'A Semester of Service'! Check the Student Bulletin or go to http://www.virginiawestern.edu/studentlife/volunteercenter.php to find upcoming service events.
Students who complete 20 or more hours of community volunteer service this semester will be invited to have lunch with Dr. Sandel, President of Virginia Western Community College, on April 30th, 2013.
- Must volunteer for at least one group service event with the Virginia Western Volunteer Center
- Must keep track of Volunteer hours using the Volunteer Center's verification form
For more information contact Volunteer Coordinator, Lori Mier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Blue Stars Women's Basketball team will face off against Bennett College, Thursday, January 31 at 7:00 PM. The team is looking for thier first back-to-back home wins this year. See you there!
Student Open Gyms
Mondays 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Pin Dodgeball and Indoor Soccer
In the Humanities Gym.