Friday, January 11, 2013
- Free Wine Tasting @ Mr. Bills (4-7p.m.) Stop by, enjoy a free tasting and talk to the experts at Mr. Bill’s on Brambleton Avenue.
- Winter Wonderland Getaway (11am–9pm)@Chateau Morrisette Enjoy a Château Morrisette dinner on Friday evening, a complimentary winery tour and wine tasting and Friday night’s lodging at a participating lodging facility. For more info – www.thedogs.com
- Public Ice Skating (10am–1pm and 2-5 p.m.) @ Roanoke Civic Center
- Cabin Fever Concert Series (6pm–10pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center For more info – http://www.cabinfeverseries.org/
- Ladies and the 80’s (6:30pm–10pm) @ The Patrick Henry The CW5 network is proud to launch THE CARRIE DIARIES, premiering on Jan. 14 and we're going to celebrate this "prequel" to Sex & The City (where it all began for Miss Carrie...holla!), with a totally rad 80's bash for ladies! For more info – http://www.facebook.com/events/433052786766597/
- Virginia Tech vs. WVU (7:30pm–9:30pm) @Roanoke Civic Center For moreinfo– www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
Saturday, January 12, 2013
- Free Wine Tasting @ Mr. Bills (noon-5p.m.) Stop by, enjoy a free tasting and talk to the experts at Mr. Bill’s on Brambleton Avenue.
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am)@Tanglewood Mall Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info --‐ www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Fireside Open House (11am–5pm) @ Hickory Hill Come in from the cold and warm up beside the wood stove in our unique 1923 farm house tasting room at Hickory Hill’s Fireside Open House. For more info – http://www.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails. aspx?eventID=34381&dteId=290
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Public Ice Skating (12pm– 3pm) @Roanoke Civic Center
- Virginia Tech vs.Penn State(7:30pm–9:30pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center For more info – www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Callback Comedy Club (11am–5pm) @ Pomegranate Restaurant Standup Comedy Comes to Botetourt. For more info – www.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=34482&dteId=29806
Sunday, January13, 2013
- Public Ice Skating (2pm –5pm)@ Roanoke Civic Center
PURPLE AND BLACK DANCE Benefiting "Team Kendall-Fight Like a Knight" Dress in purple and black and dance the night away for a special cause. Profits go directly to Kendall's fund. Live music by Fuzzy Logic, 21 years and older, Tickets $50 per person include appetizers, music and one raffle ticket. More $10 raffle tickets will be sold at the dance for chances to win Purple and Black prizes. Cash bar. Purchase tickets at Valley Bank on Starkey Road, Nationwide at 4911 Brambleton Avenue. https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/445250918862614/?fref=ts Learn more about Kendall at http://www.kendallbayne.com/
STRIKE OUT CANCER, Bowl for a Cure, Monday, January 21, 2013, 2:00-6:00pm, 1830 Apperson Dr. Salem, VA 24153, Tickets are $5 and you can bowl up to 3 games per ticket to raise money for cancer research! Free Shoe Rental! Family Service of Roanoke Valley, www.fsrv.org
DEPRESSION RESEARCH STUDY. Are you feeling depressed or down? Volunteers are needed for a study investigating emotions and brain responses in people who suffer from depression. Eligible participants will: Receive counseling at no cost, Participate in interviews and complete questionnaires, Play computer games during MRI scans, Be paid $15/hour or more for participating. To be eligible you must: Be 18-55 years old, Have problems with depression, NOT be taking antidepressants, NOT have any mental implants, NOT be claustrophobic. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in participating, contact Cari Rosoff at 540-526-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This study takes place at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute at 2 Riverside Circle, Roanoke VA.
SMOKING RESEARCH STUDY. Do you smoke cigarettes? Volunteers are needed for a brain imaging study at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute. Eligible participants will complete questionnaires, an interview, and play games during MRI scans. Participants typically make $20-50 for each session, plus the opportunity to earn an additional $75. Participants will also receive a free DVD including high resolution images of their brain. We only ask that you meet the following criteria: You must smoke at least five cigarettes per day, You must have been a cigarette smoker for at least the past year, You must not be currently trying to quit smoking (using nicotine patches, e-cigarettes, etc.). If you are interested in participating, call Andre at 540-526-2068 to learn more and complete some basic screening questions.
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS or FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to email@example.com.