Great progress has been made this semester by the Advising Teamwork QEP development team and committees. A big thank you to all the faculty, staff, and students who have worked on the project this semester. Work will continue in spring 2013 to develop the full implementation plan. Below is an overview of the progress to date.
- Our working goal of “Through team advising, students will learn how to set and achieve their own educational success goals” was decided.
- The preliminary outcomes were developed. They are: (The student will be able to ...)
- Identify appropriate advising resources related to their goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the advising structure.
- Develop an academic plan
- The IA committee is focusing on logo creation. They also have developed and approved three suggested titles for the QEP. A survey will be circulated in the daily bulletin in the coming days, for you to vote on the best title.
- A target audience, first year students who are enrolled in a degree program and taking SDV, was chosen, and it was decided that this group will be targeted beginning with fall 2014.
- A preliminary implementation plan was completed and shared with the Executive Staff. This preliminary plan will be shared with the campus community at the Wednesday, December 12, 2012, QEP/SACS update session (at noon in the Natural Science Center). This session is open to all faculty, staff, and students who would like to learn more about the project.
If you have questions, suggestions, or concerns related to the QEP, please feel free to contact Kristel Clark at email@example.com or 540-857-6218.