December 14, 2012
Spring 2013 Tuition Payment Plan – Sign Up TODAY! Payment plans may be set up through January 13th.
Nelnet Payment Plan - For a non-refundable fee of $25.00, Nelnet allows monthly, interest-free tuition payments. The earlier students enroll the more payment options they may have. The payment plan for Spring 2013 will begin on November 12, 2012 and may be set up through January 13th.
Payment plan sign-up instructions and deadlines will be posted on the Student Bulletin, Facebook, Twitter, www.virginiawestern.edu and on the VWtvs located across campus.
Step by step directions on how to enroll in a payment plan are available at http://www.virginiawestern.edu/studenthelp/student/tuitionpaymentplan.php
STUDENT ID OFFICE HOURS -Spring 2013 OPEN RUSH HOURS
January 7-January 10, 2013 Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thomas Center, Second Floor Lobby
Limited Office Hours will be available after January 17. Specific hours to be announced!
All students must bring a Government Issued Photo ID (i.e. Driver’s License, Passport) AND a current copy of their class schedule.
Students who already have a student ID can receive a Spring 2013 enrollment sticker during these hours. Student IDs with a current enrollment sticker (Spring 2013) are REQUIRED for free Valley Metro service and for technology check-outs in the Brown Library.
For information or questions, contact Nick Owens in Student Activities at 857-7958 or nowens@virginiawestern.
Friday, December 14, 2012
- Winter Wonderland Getaway (11am – 9pm) @ Chateau Morrisette. Enjoy a Château Morrisette dinner on Friday evening, a complimentary winery tour and wine tasting and Friday night’s lodging at a participating lodging facility. For more info – www.thedogs.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Public Ice Skating (6pm – 9pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info - www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Dickens of a Christmas (5:30pm – 10pm) @ Downtown Roanoke, For more info ‐ www.downtownroanoke.org/dickens.htm
- Haley Toyota's City of Roanoke Christmas Parade (6pm – 10pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. Come out and enjoy this out of the ordinary parade as part of this year's SunTrust Dickens of a Christmas! For more info ‐ www.downtownroanoke.org/dickens.htm
- Virginia Tech Hockey vs. Rowan(7:30pm – 10:30pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info – www.roanokeciviccenter.com
Saturday, December 15, 2012
- SuperHold 2nd annual Christmas Show @ Pomegranate. The theme of the party is A Christmas Story (the movie). THERE WILL BE A LEG LAMP GIVEN AWAY!! Tickets can be gotten by emailing email@example.com
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Tanglewood Mall. Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Haley Toyota’s Harvest Festival (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Gingerbread Festival (11am – 4pm) @ Longwood Park. Gingerbread house competition, holiday entertainment, local business displays, arts & craft vendors, food vendors and activities for children. For more info - http://s-rcchamber.org/
- Public Ice Skating (12pm – 3pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info - www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Public Ice Skating (12pm – 3pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info - www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Met Opera Live in HD Verdi’s Aida (1pm – 5pm) @ Whitman Theater at Virginia Western Community College. An opportunity to watch a live performance, a part of the Met Opera Live in HD series. For more info - www.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=32241&dteId=19101
Sunday, December 16, 2012
- Public Ice Skating (2pm – 5pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info - www.roanokeciviccenter.com
Monday, December 17, 2012
- Monday Fun-Day! (6pm - ???) @ Penny Deux Lounge. Come out and start off the week the right way with a drink and some good food. This is a great way to meet new people and hang with old ones. For more info hit me up. For more info about this group - http://on.fb.me/IdeWTZ
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
- West End Community Market (3pm – 6pm) @ West End Center for Youth - 1210 Patterson Ave SW.
MOTORCYCLE RIDERS! YOU ARE INVITED TO THE 4th ANNUAL POLAR BEAR RIDE. Join Carlton Mabe, David Webb, and a few others on New Year’s Day at 12 noon for a motorcycle outing. The length of the ride is directly related to the weather and it usually consists of a stop for lunch somewhere. We assemble in front of Webber Hall with kickstands up promptly at noon. If you’re so inclined to join us, we’d love to have you and your friends come along. Hope to see you there!! Heavy snow or hard rain cancels.
- BOOKS FOR SALE American Government – 13th edition (ISBN: 9781285135144), $135 (very good condition; just wear and tear from use); Humanistic Tradition – 6th edition (ISBN: 9780077346270), $125 (very good condition; same as above); Bedford Anthology of American Literature (ISBN: 9780312482992),$60 (good condition; has some marks from previous use, not my using it), Natural Speaker (ISBN: 9780205753680), $50 (like new condition; hardly has had any major wear and tear), All of these books for $350. Darius Smith, 540-204-3187, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NURSING TEXTBOOKS FOR SALE: Some books have a little wear and some have tears on the edges but nothing that diminishes the use of the book at all. Most are in great condition. There are also many NCLEX-RN Exam prep books and study guides and I believe all the CDs and DVDs are here also. I am also including the game that is strictly for Registered Nurses and really does help. $450 for everything. There are also a few boxes listed of drug cards and NCLEX exam cards which are very beneficial. My contact information is email@example.com
Medical Surgical Nursing 7th Edition ISBN# 978-0-323-03690-0; Dosage Calculation 7th Edition ISBN# 0-7668-6286-0; Psychiatric Nursing 4th edition ISBN# 978-0-7817-9169-4; Medical Surgical Nursing 7th Edition ISBN# 978-0-323-03742-6; Critical Thinking Cases In Nursing 4th Edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05359-4; Pharmacology- A Nursing Process Approach 6th Edition ISBN#978-1-4160-4663-9; Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Nursing For The NCLEX-RN Exam 19th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05302-4; Maternal Child Nursing 3rd ISBN# 978-1-4160-5896-0; Contemporary Nursing 4th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05217-7; NCLEX-RN 2012-2013 ISBN# 978-1-60978-565-9; Memory Notebook of Nursing ISBN# 978-118921-5512-2; Fundamentals of Nursing 7th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-06784-3 with study guide ISBN 978-0-323-05251-1; TABERS Cyclopedia Medical Dictionary 21 ISBN# 978-0-8036-1559-5; Nursing Diagnosis Handbook 8th ISBN# 978-0-323-04826-2; Exam Cram NCLEX-RN 3rd edition ISBN# 978-0--7897-4482-1
Mosbys Manual of Diagnostic & Lab Tests 3rd edition ISBN#978-0-323-03903-1; 2009 Intravenous Medications 25th ISBN# 978-0-323-04554-4; Nursing made Insanely Easy ISBN#978-0-9842040-2-1; 2010 Mosbys nursing Drug Reference ISBN# 978-0-323-06651-8; Calculate with Confidence 5th edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05629-8; Memory Notebook of Nursing Vol2-4th edition ISBN# 978-1-892155-17-7; Mosbys Nursing Video Skills Student Version 3.0 ISBN# 978-0-323-05292-4; Mosbys Nursing Drug Cards 3rd edition ISBN# 978-0-323-05742-4; GAME Mosbys RnTertainment ISBN# 978-0-323-04480-6
- BOOKS FOR SALE: ENG112 - “Literature A Portable Anthology Second Edition”, Condition: Good, Price: $30. BIO101-102 - “Biology Concepts & Connections Seventh Edition”, Condition: Excellent!, Price: $100. HLT110 - “Connect Core Concepts in Health Twelfth Edition”, with CONNECT card! Condition: Fair, Price: $50. HMS251 - “Addiction Treatment a strengths perspective Second Edition”, Condition: Great, Price: $60. MEN101-102 - “Interviewing and Change Strategies for Helpers Sixth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $80. MEN221 - “Groups a Counseling Specialty 6th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $75. PSY200 - “Experience Psychology”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $80. PSY120 – “Looking Out Looking In 13th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $65. PSY215 - “Abnormal Psychology Eighth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $100. PSY220 - “Behavior Modification Principles & Procedures Fifth Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $120. PSY230 - “Life-Span Human Development 7th Edition”, Condition: Excellent! Price: $100. SOC200 - “Society the basics”, Condition: Good, Price: $70. Cell: 540-580-4890 (text or call) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- MATHEMATICS, NINTH EDITION FOR SALE - Mathematics, Ninth Edition by Karl J. Smith, Used once. Paid $165; asking $100, Excellent condition. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have BOOKS FOR SALE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to email@example.com.
- CRIB NEEDED: I am in need of a crib in good condition. If you have a crib you would like to donate please contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ITEMS FOR SALE: Gemeinhardt 4SH piccolo - $500. Solid silver headjoint; silver-plated body and key mechanism; conical bore design; copper beryllium springs; soldered tone holes. Headjoint needs a bit of polish. Original owner, although it was borrowed for a year by a college music major. Plays nicely. Case and cleaning rod included. Vintage Noritake China - $595. White china with rust/green leaves; trimmed in silver. Noritake pattern 6449. 6 3/8” bread plate, 8; 10 x 13.5” oval platter; 8.25" round vegetable bowl; 10" round vegetable bowl; 5.5" round fruit bowls, 8; 5.5" saucers, 8; 7.5 x 10" oval bowl; 8.25" salad plate, 4; 10.5" dinner plate, 8; coffee cups, 8. Superb condition. Bought new; used perhaps a dozen times. Vintage Gorham Andante Sterling Silver Flatware (1963) - $950. 33 pieces: eight dinner forks, eight dessert forks, eight knives, eight spoons, one butter knife. Touch of tarnish (you can clean!!), but otherwise in superb condition. Comes with wooden silver chest. Gerber Legendary Blades, carving set - $95, stainless knife and fork in solid walnut case. Knife is 14" long; fork is 11" long. Pristine condition. Engraving says "Gerber Siegfried." Contact Cyndi at email@example.com.
Submit your items FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE at firstname.lastname@example.org