The Office of Pregnant & Parenting Student Services (OPPSS) is a grant funded program that provides referral and support services to pregnant women, expectant fathers and students who parent young children. The program connects students to campus and community programs, services and information to help them manage the challenges of being a student-parent.
Services to participating students include campus based programming, referrals and support relating to parenting, academics, health and social services, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. Our goal is to increase the academic success and retention of our enrolled pregnant and parenting students.
The OPPSS Program Offers:
- Resources for pregnant and parenting students
- Campus based workshops, referrals and activities relating to parenting, nutrition, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking
- Referrals to campus and community programs and services
- Referrals and resources for health related services
- Referrals to area social service agencies
- Opportunities to gather with other student parents
For information please contact:
Gwendolyn Johnson, Coordinator
Duncan Hall Room 117