- BUS 125, MKT 100 I have 2 books I used last semester that I am trying to sell. They are for BUS 125 (Applied Business Mathematics) and a MKT 100 (Principles of Marketing). $50 for BUS 125 and $30 for MKT 100 OBO. Email me anytime at email@example.com or call 540-519-9346 and ask for Ellen.
- LPN BOOKS I have 3 books I used in the Practical Nursing (LPN) program last semester. They are in great shape and have a few highlights. $150.00 for all 3 OBO. I will also sell individually. Email me anytime. April Law, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundamental Nursing Skills and Concepts by Barbara K. Timby (Edition 9) Includes CD. $65; Journey Across the Life Span Human Development and Health Promotion by Elaine Polan, Daphne Taylor (Fourth Edition) $35; Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology... Edmunds.. (Sixth Edition) Includes CD. $50
August 10, 2012
Friday, August 10th
- Taste of Culture: Israel (11am – 1:30pm) @ Wall Street – Next to City Market Building. This month Taste of Cultures highlights Israel. There will be food, entertainment, exhibits, crafts and more. For more info - http://www.localcolors.org/v2007/html/taste.html
- Band Night (4pm – 8pm) @ Valhalla Winery www.valhallawines.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Friday Nights Under the Stars (5pm – 10pm) @ AmRhein’s Wines http://www.facebook.com/events/138923549579049
- Movies at the Tower: The Muppets (7pm – 9pm) @ Wells Fargo Plaza http://bit.ly/KDU1pi
- No Shame Theatre (10pm – 12pm) @ Mill Mountain Theatre An open forum for audiences, writers and performers of all kinds. For more info - http://www.noshame.org/roanoke/index.htm
Saturday, August 11th
- 2nd Annual Bryan Miller Scholarship Charity Ride & Motorcycle Safety Day (Registration begins at 10 a.m.) Proceeds will benefit the Virginia Western Community College Scholarship for the Motorcycle Safety Course in memory of Bryan Miller. @ O’Reilly Auto Parts on Bypass Rd in Vinton. Bike show, tribute to fallen riders, guest speakers and auction.
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum. Free admittance to the museum and more. For more info – www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Roanoke River Greenway Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Black Dog Wine & Music Festival (11am – 5pm) @ Chateau Morrisette The Black Dog Wine & Music Festival gathers people from near and far and the concert field becomes a big party of music lovers, barefoot dancing and frivolity. For more info – www.thedogs.com
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Microfestivus (12pm – 6pm) @Elmwood Park The Square Society will host the 14th annual MicroFestivus, a micro and craft beer festival. There will be a selection of over 50 beers from 20 micro and craft breweries from the Mid‐Atlantic Region. For more info – www.microfestivus.com
- Bluegrass (6pm – 10pm) @ Salem Farmers’ Market. Come bring your instrument, chair and get ready for some parking lot picking. Acoustic instruments only. For more info - http://bluegrass-in-roanoke.com/
- 2nd Saturday Mingle at the Market (7pm – 10pm) @ Vinton Farmer’s Market. Summer Concert Series @ the Vinton’s Farmers Market. For more info – www.vintonchamber.com
Sunday, August 12th
- Tiffany & Co. Retail & Design Trendsetter Lecture (3pm – 4pm) @ Bower Center for the Arts CULTURAL REFLECTIONS EDUCATIONAL SERIES sponsored by The Bower Center for the Arts. "Tiffany & Company: Retail & Design Trendsetter. Examination of the history and impact that this firm has had on retail and on American design. In recognition of the 175th anniversary of the firm. For more info – www.bowercenter.org
- FREE composted horse manure – you haul Contact email@example.com
- FOR SALE – registered Peruvian Paso mare. Ride the glide - experienced rider only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR SALE: Fresh brown eggs from free range chickens. $3.00 per dozen. Contact Elizabeth Wilmer at email@example.com.
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bookstore will begin Fall Rush Hours on August 13th. The hours will be:
- Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Additional hours for August 22nd - 31st are:
- August 22-23 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- August 24 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- August 27-30 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- August 31 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Bookstore will be closed on Monday, September 3rd in recognition of Labor Day and will resume regular hours September 4th.