August 31, 2012
- I'm selling a men's road master mountain bike. It’s very new and looks brand new. $email@example.com (8/31, 9/7)
- I have a brand new Kindle Touch Wi-Fi for sale with cover for $80.00. Theresa Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to email@example.com
FRIDAY, AUGUST 31, 2012 Thomas Center, 2nd floor Conference Room
**Light refreshments will be provided**
Close to graduating? Just getting started? Don't know where to start? Start at the Hall Career Center!! Stop by and talk with someone on how we can help you with the following:
The following video and websites will help you learn more about on-campus WEPA printing:
How to print from the WEPA drivers - http://youtu.be/u-tfxorDoRo
Download the WEPA print drivers - http://youtu.be/RYjfXY-Mnew
Print from wepanow.com - http://youtu.be/s20z10ALa_o
Tag a magnetic stripe card for fast login - http://youtu.be/5aGDw1Nrvlc
Deposit funds into your WEPA account - http://youtu.be/PtG9mRMeYnA
STUDENT ID OFFICE HOURS - Fall 2012 OPEN HOURS
August 22 – September 6, 2012
Monday – Thursday
10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thomas Center, Second Floor Lobby
Limited Office Hours will be available after September 6. Specific hours to be announced!
All students must bring a Government Issued Photo ID (i.e. Driver’s License, Passport) AND a current copy of their class schedule.
Students who already have a student ID can receive a Fall 2012 enrollment sticker during these hours. Student IDs with a current enrollment sticker (Fall 2012) are REQUIRED for free Valley Metro service and for technology check-outs in the Brown Library.
For information or questions, contact Nick Owens in Student Activities at 857-7958 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, August 31, 2012
- Blue Mountain Barrel House Tasting (4pm – 7pm) @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar, For more info – www.mrbillswinecellar.com
- BB&T’s Party in the Park (5:30 – 8:30) @ Elmwood Park, For more info and schedule of bands – www.pitp.org
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field, www.salemredsox.com
- Full Moon Party (10pm – 2am) @ Corned Beef & Co., For more info – www.cornedbeefandco.com
- No Shame Theatre (10pm – 12pm) @ Mill Mountain Theatre, An open forum for audiences, writers and performers of all kinds. For more info - http://www.noshame.org/roanoke/index.htm
Saturday, September 1, 2012
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum, Free admittance to the museum and more. For more info – www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Roanoke River Greenway, Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Roanoke Labor Day Parade & Festival (11am – 5pm) @ Downtown Roanoke, Celebrate Labor day with a parade in Downtown Roanoke. For more info – www.valaborday.com
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke, For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Bluegrass (6pm – 10pm) @ Salem Farmers’ Market, Come bring your instrument, chair and get ready for some parking lot picking. Acoustic instruments only. For more info - http://bluegrass-in-roanoke.com/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Winston-Salem Dash (6:05 pm – 9pm) @ Lewis Gale Field, www.salemredsox.com
- Cinema on the Lawn (8pm – 10pm) @ Chateau Morrisette, Bring your chair or a blanket and catch a movie on the lawn. For more info – www.thedogs.com
Sunday, September 2, 2012
- First & Main Kickoff Tailgate Party (1 pm – 7pm) @ First & Main Shops, Come by and kick off the 2012 Virginia Tech Hokies Football season. For more info - http://firstandmaintailgate.com/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Winston-Salem Dash (4:05 pm – 7pm) @ Lewis Gale Field, www.salemredsox.com
Monday, September 3, 2012
- Salem Red Sox vs. Winston-Salem Dash(1:05 pm – 4pm) @ Lewis Gale Field, www.salemredsox.com
- Monday Fun-Day! (10am - ???) @ Virginia Tech vs. GT Tailgate Lot 18, Come out and start off the week the right way with a drink and some good food. This is a great way to meet new people and hang with old ones. For more info hit me up. For more info about this group - http://on.fb.me/IdeWTZ
American Red Cross Blood Drive, Sunday, September 9th, 2pm - 7pm, Penn Forest Christian Church, 3028 Penn Forest Blvd. SW. Call 1-800-Red Cross for an appointment
To have your community event posted, email event details to email@example.com.
August 30, 2012
As a reminder, Virginia Western Community College will be closed on Monday, September 3, 2012 in observance of the Labor Day holiday. The college will reopen for normal operations on Tuesday, September 4, 2012.
Have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day holiday weekend.
Robert H. Sandel
The Brown Library will close on Friday, August 31st, at 5pm and will remain closed throughout the Labor Day weekend. We will reopen on Tuesday, September 4th, at 8am.
Remember, even when the library is closed, you can still access professional assistance, online library resources, and computers for doing class work or research. Check out these alternatives:
Time: Wednesday, August 29, 3 to 4 p.m.
Location: Business Science Building 319
Time: Thursday, August 30, 5 to 6 p.m.
Location: Business Science Building 306
Join us on Thursday, August 30, 5 - 7 p.m. in the Virginia Western Art Gallery for the presentation of LENS: Magnifying Biology Through Art. The Biology Department has compiled a show including student biologically inspired art from anatomy, microbiology, and general biology and will open on August 22 and run until mid-October. Catering will be provided by the Culinary Institute. Please join us!