Looking for something fun and entertaining to do Saturday night??? If so, we hope you will join us for the 2012 performance from the Virginia Western Summer Children's Theater Camp.
This year's production is "Beauty is a Beast" and should be entertaining for all ages.
The performance will begin promptly at 6 p.m. on Saturday, July 21st in Whitman Theater. Admission is $5.00 at the door!
Hope to see you there!!!!
Scroll down for WEEKEND EVENTS, UPCOMING EVENTS and FREE/BUY/FOR SALE
Friday, July 20th, 2012
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Friday Nights Under the Stars (5pm – 10pm) @ AmRhein’s Wines Enjoy a dinner, bottle of wine and entertainment. For more info - http://www.facebook.com/events/362450050492888/
- First Fridays @ Five (5pm – 8pm) @ SunTrust Plaza – Franklin Road For more information visit www.firstfridaysroanoke.com
- Ladies Night (6pm – 9pm) @ Glazed Bisque - It Ladies get out and paint some pottery! For more information please visit - http://www.glazedbisque-it.com/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Wilmington Blue Rocks (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
- Dancing Under the Stars (8pm – 11pm) @ Valhalla Vineyards Bring a picnic, grab some wine and listen to music under the stars. Reservations required - www.valhallawines.com
Saturday, July 21st, 2012
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum Free admittance to the museum and more. For more info – www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Roanoke River Greenway Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Mountain Pride Championships (10am – 8pm) @ Jefferson Center Roanoke’s only body building and fitness competition. For more info – http://www.jeffcenter.org/mountainpride
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Square Society Cocktail Crawl (2pm – 9pm) @ Downtown Roanoke Square Society’s quarterly cocktail crawl. For event details visit - www.squaresociety.org/home/?p=709
- Bluegrass (6pm – 10pm) @ Salem Farmers’ Market Come bring your instrument, chair and get ready for some parking lot picking. Acoustic instruments only. For more info - http://bluegrass-in-roanoke.com/
- Salem Red Sox vs. Wilmington Blue Rocks (6:05 pm – 9pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
- Salsa Latin Dance Party (7pm – 2am) @ Blue 5 A great way to meet new people and salsa dance. For more info - http://www.facebook.com/events/305179466245217/
- Dustin Diamond Live! (7pm and 9:30pm) @ Corned Beef and Co. See Dustin Diamond perform live for tickets and info - http://starcitycomedyclub.com/
Sunday, July 22nd, 2012
- Salem Red Sox vs. Wilmington Blue Rocks (4:05 pm – 7pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
Monday, July 23rd, 2012 - Salem Red Sox vs. Myrtle Beach Pelicans (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
Tuesday, July 24th, 2012
- West End Community Market (3pm – 6pm) @ West End Center for Youth - 1210 Patterson Ave SW.
- Salem Red Sox vs. Myrtle Beach Pelicans (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
July 27, 28 & 29 - 46th Annual D.A.R. Antiques Show, sponsored by the General James Breckinridge Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution @ Roanoke Civic Center Special Events Hall. $7 for three days. July 27th & 28th 9:00-5:00 and July 29th 11:00-4:00Virginia’s longest continually running Antique Show. Items on display for sale will include American and English furniture, glassware, china, collectibles, jewelry, toys, tools, rare and limited edition books, fine art and Civil War memorabilia. On Friday afternoon from 1-5, Ken Farmer, an appraiser for the PBS Antiques Roadshow program will be making appraisals of personal items by appointments only. Please contact Sara Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. All profits of the show are used by DAR Chapter to fund many philanthropic programs promoting Patriotism, Education and Historic Preservation.
- FREE - I have two wonderful dogs that are true to my heart. Due to a move I have to give them up in a hurry and I do not wish to take them to ASPCA for I do not know what may become of that! So I am asking if anyone knows of someone that is looking for indoor dogs that are loving lap dogs that are trained to the pee pee pads indoors and are walked outdoors for that purpose as well please email at email@example.com or call me 540-206-6226 thank you
- FREE – Yorkie Mix Male Dog, less than 1 yr., all shots current, 540-915-7417.
- FREE composted horse manure – you haul Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOR SALE: Baldwin Acrosonic Console Piano, Bench, Lamp. $750 (appraised at $950).
Good Condition. Very Playable. Call 540-772-1669 in Cave Spring Area, Roanoke County.
See Craigslist listing with picture at http://roanoke.craigslist.org/msg/3143543890.html.
- FOR SALE – registered Peruvian Paso mare. Ride the glide - experienced rider only. Contact email@example.com
- FOR SALE: Fresh brown eggs from free range chickens. $3.00 per dozen. Contact Elizabeth Wilmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to email@example.com