SDV 106, Preparation for Employment, will be offered fall semester on Wednesdays,6-8:40 p.m., August 22 - September 19. This class is the pre-requisite for students seeking Fall 2012 internships through SDV 190-11. Register Today!!! For more information contact the Career Center, 857-7298.
May 30, 2012
The Hall Career Center is relocating to the Thomas Center, second floor room G202, during the renovation of the Student Center. Be sure to visit us at our new location for help with job searching, resume writing, and interviewing skills. Continue to read the Student Daily Bulletin for event information. We look forward to seeing you soon.
The Hall Career Center will be hosting Resume Power Hour most Mondays between 11 a.m. and noon. Stop by the Thomas Center in room G202 or call 857-7298 to get handouts to get started. Resumes must be typed in a Word document. Drop in and have your resume tweaked. We look forward to seeing you soon.
WORKFORCE SERVICES (540)857-6076
Enroll in one or more of VWCC Summer Camps!
Career Exploration & Enrichment Camps (for grades 1-12) will run June 18 – August 10. Topics will include Arts, Etiquette, Forensics, Health Technology, Horticulture, Mechatronics, Music, Robotics, Science and more! For Registration and more details contact Paulette Parkhill 540-857-6514 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Management Exam Prep - #32608 BUSC 2507
- Follow link for more details: http://virginiawestern.edu/workforce/classes/pmpcert.php
- Complete your federal tax returns early - Use data from completed tax returns when possible.
- Read the Instructions - You will find the application much easier to complete after reading the instructions.
- VWCC's Title IV Code is 003760. For the processing center this is as important as your social security number. If you do not list VWCC's code to receive your FAFSA information, we cannot process any financial aid for you.
- If you were selected for verification and have misplaced the Verification Worksheet that we emailed to you, you may print another copy by clicking here. Please complete the worksheet and return it to us with the appropriate tax forms.
- If you have misplaced your tax return and would like to request a transcript summary from the IRS, you may do so by calling 1-800-829-1040. Beginning with the 2012-13 school year, only the tax return transcript summary from the IRS website will be accepted. Copies of tax returns will no longer be acceptable.
- REMEMBER - Your Financial Aid package is not complete until all requested paperwork has been received in the Financial Aid Office. Please check your Virginia Western email regularly for important Financial Aid reminders or updates.
The college will offer early enrollment to returning students for the fall 2012 semester beginning on April 20, 2012. Students may register for classes; however, payment will not be accepted or required until after July 2, 2012. The first payment deadline for fall 2012 semester is August 2, 2012.
- Students who register early but have not paid for their classes by August 2, 2012 may be removed from their classes.
Open enrollment for all students for the fall 2012 semester will begin on June 25, 2012.