Friday, May 18th, 2012
- Drew Expo 2012 (4pm – 12am) @ Roanoke Civic Center www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting (5pm – 8pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- First Fridays @ Five (5pm – 8pm) @ SunTrust Plaza – Franklin Road www.firstfridaysroanoke.com
- Salem After Five (5:30pm – 9pm) @ Salem Farmer’s Market http://www.salemva.gov/news/index.html
- Ladies Night@ Glazed Bisque (6pm – 9pm)– It http://www.glazedbisque-it.com/
- Dancing Under the Stars (8pm – 11pm) @ Vahalla Vineyards www.valhallawines.com
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (7:05 pm – 10pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
- The Pretty Things Peeps Show (8pm – 11pm) @ Kirk Avenue Music Hall http://bit.ly/JYF2b6
Saturday, May 19th, 2012
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ Tanglewood Mall www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke www.downtownroanoke.org
- Drew Expo 2012 (11am – 12am) @ Roanoke Civic Center www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Local Colors Day Festival (11am – 5pm) @ Elmwood Park http://www.localcolors.org/v2007/html/festival.html
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- 7th Annual BBQ Cook-off (12pm – 5pm) @ Sedalia Center http://www.sedaliacenter.org/?q=events/BBQ_2012
- Vinton Wine & Food Festival (1pm– 6pm) @ Front Lawn of The Vinton War Memorial www.vintonwinefestival.com
- Run for the Triple Crown – Preakness Stakes (3pm– 7pm) @ Beyond the Green http://on.fb.me/Jfq5Q 0
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (6:05 pm – 9pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
- Wine Tasting (7pm – 9:30pm) @ Shula’s 347 http://www.shulas347roanoke.com/events/
- 2nd Annual ALL-WHITE Latin Dance Party (8:30pm– 1am) @ Blue 5 http://on.fb.me/KozQ3U
Sunday, May 20th, 2012
- Drew Expo 2012 (12pm – 8pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Salem Red Sox vs. Frederick Keys (4:05 pm – 7pm) @ Lewis Gale Field www.salemredsox.com
- Monday Fun-Day! (6pm - ???) 5/21 @ Habana Café http://on.fb.me/IdeWTZ
- West End Community Market (3pm – 6pm) 5/22 @ West End Center for Youth - 1210 Patterson Ave SW.
Support the STUDENTS AGAINST CANCER RELAY FOR LIFE TEAM on June 15th, 7 p.m. at Reserve Avenue Athletic Fields. The Students Against Cancer team was started by Beth Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org). Beth is a cancer survivor and she lost her husband to cancer. You can donate or join her cause at: http://tinyurl.com/ckqafqp
WHEN IS IT MORE THAN A BUMP ON THE HEAD? A free seminar on childhood head injuries A HEAD'ON DISCUSSION Speaker: Gary Simonds, M.D., neurosurgeon, Wednesday, May 23, 6:30 p.m. South County Library, Roanoke, Call Carilion Clinic at 800-422-8482 to pre-register. Protecting your kids is a ‘round-the-clock priority. And as a parent, you want to do everything you can to guard them from head injuries—the cause of 80 percent of pediatric trauma cases. Join Gary Simonds, M.D., a Carilion Clinic neurosurgeon, for a free seminar aimed at helping parents understand the broad range of head trauma and how to prevent those injuries. By learning specific ways to protect your kids, you can help keep them safe and healthy as possible.
FOR SALE: Fresh brown eggs from free range chickens. $3.00 per dozen. Contact Elizabeth Wilmer at email@example.com.
WANT TO BUY: Husband has vowed to ride a bike to work if wife can fine one cheap. Have an adult bike that is fit for the road that you want to sell? Contact Tara Nepper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 915-4708.
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to email@example.com