Virginia Western Night with the Salem Red Sox! Dr. Sandel will throw out the first pitch. Faculty, staff and students get in FREE with a current ID! Game starts at 6 p.m.
Kiwanis Pancake & Auction Day, April 17, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. @ Roanoke Civic Center. Tickets are $5/each. See Cheryl Miller in Fishburn Hall room 212.
Friday, April 13th
- Free Weekly Beer Tasting, 5 – 8 p.m. @ Wine Gourmet
- Robotic Jive (featuring our own Media Geek, Dave McDonald) @ Blues BBQ, April 13
- Earth Day Hike, noon- 1 p.m. @ Mill Mtn Discovery Center, email@example.com
- Blue Ridge Bike Fest 2012, 1-9 p.m. @ Roanoke Civic Center , www.blueridgebikefest.com
- Art By Night, 5-9 p.m. @ Downtown Roanoke, http://bit.ly/HGFJmx
- Salem Red Sox vs. Myrtle Beach Pelicans , 7:05 pm @ Lewis Gale Field Virginia Western students, faculty and staff receive $1 off tickets with Virginia Western ID.
Saturday, April 14th
- Met Opera Live in HD, La Traviata, 1 – 4 p.m. @ Whitman Theater, Virginia Western Community College - http://www.virginiawestern.edu/community/metopera.php
- Physicians on Foot, 8:30 a.m. @ Tanglewood Mall - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting, noon – 5 p.m. @ Wine Gourmet
- Salem Red Sox, FREE ADMISSION to Virginia Western students, faculty and staff with current ID, 6 p.m., Dr. Sandel will throw out the first pitch.
- Get to know your camera: Toy Camera Workshop, 10 a.m. – noon @ O Winston Link Museum http://bit.ly/HC4vIN
- Blue Ridge Bike Fest 2012, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. @ Roanoke Civic Center www.blueridgebikefest.com
- City Market Saturdays 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. @ Downtown Roanoke www.downtownroanoke.org
- Lambs n’ Clams Tour 1-10 p.m. @ Lucky Restaurant http://bit.ly/H7hQtJ
- Taubman Cinema 7- 9 p.m. @ Taubman Museum A screening of "The Adventures of Prince Achmed," www.taubmanmuseum.org
Sunday, April 15th
- Blue Ridge Bike Fest 2012 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. @ Roanoke Civic Center
- Salem Red Sox vs. Myrtle Beach Pelicans 6:05 p.m. @ Lewis Gale Field
- Beginner Salsa Boot Camp 7 – 8 p.m. 4/16, @ Blue 5 http://www.facebook.com/events/137390769716994/
- Monday Fun-Day! 6 p.m. 4/16, @ Salem Red Sox baseball game http://on.fb.me/IdeWTZ
- Salem Red Sox vs. Lynchburg Hillcats 7:05 p.m. 4/16 @ Lewis Gale Field
- West End Community Market 3- 6 p.m. 4/17 @ West End Center for Youth - 1210 Patterson Ave SW
- Salem Red Sox vs. Lynchburg Hillcats 7:05 p.m. 4/17 @ Lewis Gale Field
- Cash Mob Roanoke #2, 4/18, http://on.fb.me/w279hS
- Robotic Jive (still featuring our own Media Geek, Dave McDonald) @ Village Grill April 20
- Bellacinos Pizza & Grinders, Starkey Road, (4/23) all day, 10% of proceeds go to Destination Imagination teams from Oak Grove Elementary and Hidden Valley Middle School – they are heading to Global Finals in Knoxville, TN!!
- Community Yard Sale at Georgetown Park (off Colonial Avenue) (4/28)
- Colonial Presbyterian Church Yard & Bake Sale, 4/28, 8 a.m. – 2p.m. all proceeds go to mission and outreach projects. 3550 Poplar Drive, off Colonial Avenue, between Ogden Road and Rt. 419.
- Super Hold (also featuring Dave) will be at First Fridays (5/4) 6 p.m.
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to firstname.lastname@example.org