Showdown on the Courts Tennis Tournament April 14th @ Virginia Western Tennis Courts
- Men's and Women's Competitive Singles
- Men's and Women's Novice Doubles (Simple and easy rules for beginners)
- $10 to Signup, $20 for Doubles teams
- Breakfast will be provided for participants
- $50 Gift cards to Competitive Champions
- 2 - $20 Gift cards to Novice Champions
Spots are limited so sign up in Student Activities Office (S204) Today!!!!!
Commencement Ceremony Name Pronouncement - Call 857-6699 to let us know how to pronounce your name when receiving your diploma.
Graduation Thank You Videos - say thank you to the people in your life who have helped you reach your educational goals! Contact Tara Nepper (email@example.com) for more information.
- April 12, 5-7 p.m., M228 Business Science Building – tonight!
- April 20, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. during Spring Fling
- April 25, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during Cap & Gown Pick Up
Virginia Western Community College Night at the Salem Red Sox! Join us at 6 p.m. and watch Dr. Sandel throw out the first pitch! Free admission with your current Virginia Western ID!
In order to assist students in class selection and program requirements; faculty and academic advisors will be available on Friday, April 13 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the following computer labs.
Accounting, Administrative Management Technology, Culinary Arts, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Records Coding, Information Systems Technology, Management, Technical Studies and Welding students should go to Business Science room 268.
Math, Science and Health Technology students should go to Business Science room 320.
Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, General Studies, Early Childhood Development, Human Services and Wellness students should go to Business Science room 306.
The Advising/Retention Office will be closed on Friday, April 13 however they will be available in the labs listed above to assist students. If you have questions about which room you need to go, the front desk in Chapman Hall has a reference list and will be glad to assist.
Men’s Basketball Recruit Day
Saturday, April 14
2:30 PM in Gymnasium (H100)
Meeting for male students interested in playing on 2012-13 team.
If interested in attending send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just a reminder that deadlines for 2012-2013 scholarships are coming! The deadlines depend on the specific scholarship, but please take advantage of the scholarship search tools on the Virginia Western Financial Aid website for more information.
Here are a few that are listed with upcoming deadlines:
- NACCTEP National Scholarship Program – Teacher Education Program
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute - CHCI
- Women’s Retail Network
- Erma Byrd Scholarship Program
- B. Davis Scholarship
TIP #4 – Help is always available for you in the library:
The library has friendly, knowledgeable staff members who are happy to help you in person and by phone. Feel free to go up to our Reference Desk on the main floor and our Circulation Desk on the top floor to get help with your research needs or to get general college information. If we don’t know the answer, we will keep looking until we find it. Hey, it’s what we do.
It's National Library Week! Brown Library has a few things cooked up in order to celebrate.
- Six Word Memoirs: Write your life in six words, and be eligible to win a “Writer’s Gift Basket!” Examples can be found here: Six-Word Memoirs: Life Stories Distilled on NPR. Enter to win online, or pick up a paper entry form in the library (one student and one faculty/staff winner).
- Library Find-a-Word, main floor
- Special Displays on the Writing Life, top floor
- Library Tip of the Day, direct to you by email!
We’ll also have a table at Spring Fling on Friday, April 20th, where you’ll be able to create your own Newspaper Poems as well!
Join us for a trip to Hollins on April 26th to experience a day in the life of a Hollins student on their beautiful campus. The day will include classes, lunch and a tour. Please email email@example.com by Friday, April 20th if you would like to participate.