Ferrum College will be on campus next week to talk with students about transferring. They will be located on the 2nd floor of the Business Science Building at the table just before the bridge. Listed below are the days/times they will be here.
Tuesday, April 10th – 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, April 11th - 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Join the Media Geeks TODAY and every Tuesday to watch a selected Ted Talk (www.ted.com) in Brown Library at 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Today's TED Talk: Sugata Mitra: The child-driven education Education scientist Sugata Mitra tackles one of the greatest problems of education -- the best teachers and schools don't exist where they're needed most.
Post submitted by Media Geeks
The Hall Associates Career and Employment Assistance Center is located on the second floor of the Student Center. Contact by phone at 857-7298 or email email@example.com. Check out all of the ways they are trying to help you find the right career!
Lunch Leads are monthly networking events for students.
- April – Human Services Students will have an opportunity to meet with employers in their career field and ask questions. Lunch is FREE!
- April 19, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Natural Science Center
- Registration is required.
- Career Bytes Seminars are 30-minute informational seminars on Resume Writing, Job Searching, and Interviewing Skills. Student Center room 202, noon and 5:15 p.m.
- April 4, Interviewing Skills
- April 17, Resume Writing
- Job Bank – The Hall Career Center has a Job Bank for employers to post full-time and part-time jobs.
- Virginia Employment Commission –Learn how to use the VEC website and search for career information, training opportunities, skill requirements, labor market information and occupational trends.
- April 26, 1-3 p.m.
- Webber Hall room 306
- Registration is required
The Exercise Science students have started a new program called 10,000 steps. This program will improve your health one step at a time. Your physical activity will greatly increase when you walk more than 10,000 steps daily, which is equivalent to approximately 5 miles of walking per day.
- Burn between 250 - 600 calories a day just by walking.
- We will offer a campus map with an optional outlined course.
- Registration will take place in the fitness center and begins April 3 thru April 6, 2012. Stop in during open hours and pick up a registration packet.
- The program will begin on April 9, 2012, and end on April 27, 2012.
- There will be a designated check – in, check –out site to log your steps.
- Pedometers required
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Karen Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org