The Exercise Science students have started a new program called 10,000 steps. This program will improve your health one step at a time. Your physical activity will greatly increase when you walk more than 10,000 steps daily, which is equivalent to approximately 5 miles of walking per day.
- Burn between 250 - 600 calories a day just by walking.
- We will offer a campus map with an optional outlined course.
- Registration will take place in the fitness center and begins April 3 thru April 6, 2012. Stop in during open hours and pick up a registration packet.
- The program will begin on April 9, 2012, and end on April 27, 2012.
- There will be a designated check – in, check –out site to log your steps.
- Pedometers required
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Karen Carpenter at email@example.com
- Women's Open Gym - 3:30-4:45
- Men's Open Gym - 4:45-6
Showdown on the Courts Tennis Tournament April 14th @ Virginia Western Tennis Courts
- Men's and Women's Competitive Singles
- Men's and Women's Novice Doubles (Simple and easy rules for beginners)
- $10 to Signup, $20 for Doubles teams
- Breakfast will be provided for participants
- $50 Gift cards to Competitive Champions
- 2 - $20 Gift cards to Novice Champions
Spots are limited so sign up in Student Activities Office (S204) Today!!!!!
Spring Fling, April 20th, Court of Four Seasons - don't miss it!
- Graduation Fee Reminder -If you are a spring or summer graduation applicant and have not paid your $15.00 graduation fee, please do so as soon as possible in the Cashier’s Office, located in Chapman Hall. After you have paid the fee, please bring your receipt to the Records Office.
- Graduation Video – The next shoot will be held April 20th during Spring Fling and April 25th during Cap & Gown Pick-Up. Please email Publicrelations@virginiawestern.edu to sign up or with questions.
- Cap and Gown Pick Up - April 25th, Natural Science Center
- Commencement Name Pronouncement - Call 857-6699 to make sure your name is pronounced correctly during the commencement ceremony.
Attention Graduating Students!!! We need your help! As a graduation candidate, you are in a uniquely important position take to take an online test of information literacy that will help assess the quality of teaching and learning at Virginia Western. This is not a test that you need to study or prepare for in advance. Those who participate by Saturday, April 7 will be entered in a drawing for $25 gas cards. TEN gas cards will be awarded.
This will take about an hour of your time, and to minimize the burden of this graduation requirement, we have arranged for you to do this at your convenience in the Learning Technology Center (LTC) on the ground floor of Brown Library, during their normal operating hours:
- Monday-Thursday from 8a.m. to 7p.m.
- Friday from 8a.m. to 4p.m.
- Saturday from 9a.m. to Noon
If you have any questions, please contact the LTC at 857-7250. When you arrive at the LTC, explain that you are there to take the VCCS Core Competency Test and bring a PHOTO ID and your Virginia Western email address. We ask that you please complete the test at your earliest convenience and no later than Saturday, April 7.
Spring has arrived and it is once again time for the Perennial Sale at the Virginia Western Greenhouse. A great selection of perennials are ready for planting in your garden. Some of the plant varieties available include: Columbine, Astilbe, Blanket Flower, Coral Bells, Phlox and Salvia.
2012 Perennial Sale
Saturday, March 31
9 - 11 a.m.
"Essential Perennials" in 4.5" pots are $4.00 each
"Hot Picks Perennials" in 4.5" and 1/2 gallon pots are $6.00 each
Thank you for supporting the Virginia Western Horticulture Club and the Community Arboretum.
Hope to see you at the sale!
Save the Date: 2012 Spring Plant Sale April 25, 26, 27 ,28 from 9 to 11 a.m.
How comfortable will you be during your first interview out of college? Do you know how to present yourself in the most professional way?
Attend the Alumni Meet and Mingle on Tuesday, April 3 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in the Natural Science Center. You’ll get the chance to meet and mingle with Virginia Western alumni. You’ll gain first person experience networking with business professionals who came from where you are, and have found success in their field. Also, the presentation on “Your Professional Self” will teach you how to utilize the Hall Associates Career Center to find and apply for jobs, how to interview, and how to network in a business setting.
Knowing how to network and present yourself is important to your future success. REGISTER TODAY in the Hall Associates Career Center and take advantage of this opportunity to practice these important skills.
For more information, contact Ruth Ebrahim at 857-6962 or firstname.lastname@example.org