Friday, March 23rd, 2012
Saturday, March 24th, 2012
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum www.taubmanmuseum.org
- Physicians on Foot, 8:30 a.m. @ Tanglewood Mall www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- Kansas City BBQ Society Certified Barbeque Judge's Class, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. @ Covington Baptist Church http://bit.ly/zhFuby
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting, noon-5 p.m. @ Wine Gourmet
- Rock The Blocks, noon-2 a.m. @ Blacksburg, VA
- Square Society Cocktail Crawl, 2-9 p.m. @ Downtown Roanoke www.squaresociety.org/home/?p=709
- Greater Tuna, 2-4 p.m., 7:30-9:30 p.m. @ Mill Mountain Theatre
Do you have a church bazaar, yard sale, or item for sale? Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be an outage of the Student Information System (SIS), the college on-line application, the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) system, and the Wizard from Friday, March 23 at 6:00 AM through Monday, March 26 at 7:00 AM. The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) will be upgrading these systems during this time period. During this time, students will not be able to apply on-line to the college or access the VCCS SIS: Student Information System. Students wanting to apply or needing to add or drop a class will need to come in person to the Admissions Office located in Chapman Hall. Blackboard, My VWCC, and Gmail will continue to be available. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this scheduled outage.
CLOSING GAPS IN CARE: MEETING THE NEEDS OF THE UNDERSERVED IN ROANOKE, VIRGINIA
Carilion Clinic has been awarded a 12-month Health Center Planning Grant by the US Department of Health and Human Services to examine the current system of care for the most vulnerable residents living in Roanoke; develop solutions to close the gaps in unmet need; and strengthen the existing safety net.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Carilion wants to create a healthier community for all who live, work and play here.
What do you do when …
· You are sick?
· You need a check-up?
· You have a toothache?
· You need to talk to a counselor?
Take a brief survey and tell us about the health and quality of life for yourself and encourage your clients, family and friends to take the survey as well. Spread the word about this important survey and find the link at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RoanokeValleyHealthSurvey
Deadline March 31, 2012. ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL