If you forgot to bring soup this week, don't worry you have another week. The Virginia Western Do-Gooders will be accepting cans of soup until Friday, March 2nd.
Thank you in helping us collect 2,000 cans of soup for local senior citizens!
Friday, February 24th
- Mr. Bill's Wine Cellar Free Brooklyn Brewery Tasting! Sample Free Brooklyn Brewery Beers! Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar, 2825 Brambleton Avenue, 4-7 p.m.
- Alice in Wonderland presented by Cave Spring Middle School, 7 p.m. and on Saturday, February 25th at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the Cave Spring High School auditorium – Adult tickets $5 and children’s tickets $3 (ages 5 – 12)
- Wine Gourmet, corner of Colonial & Electric Roads, Free Beer Tasting, 5-8 p.m.
Saturday, February 25th
- Kids Helping Kids, Valley View Mall, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring your kids out to help raise funds for sick and injured children treated at our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital: Carilion Clinic Children's Hospital. There will be fun and activities including jumping in the moon bounce, exploring constellations in the Star Lab planetarium, incredible raffle prizes, and more! Funds raised proudly support Q99's Dick & Dave's Care for Kids Radiothon to be held on March 2-3.
- MystiCon (All Day) @ Holiday Inn – Tanglewood. MystiCon is a weekend long Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Pop Culture Convention. For more info - http://mysticon-va.com/
- Spectacular Saturdays at the Taubman@ Taubman Museum. Free admittance to the museum and more. For more info – www.taubmanmuseum.org
- SWVA Boat & RV Show (10am – 7pm) @ Roanoke Civic Center. For more info – www.roanokeciviccenter.com
- Winter Whites & Red Hearts (11am – 5pm) @ Hickory Hill. For more info ‐ www.smlwine.com
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Met Opera Live in HD Verdi's Ernani (12pm – 5pm) @ Virginia Western Community College
- The 6th Annual Cave Spring High & Middle School Jazz Café will be held on Tuesday, February 28th, 7-9 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church. Tickets may be purchased in advance, cost $12 each or 10 tickets for $100; tickets will cost $14 at the door. Contact Erma Williams at (540) 871 – 4041 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Life Planning Seminar for Women is a seven-week noncredit course beginning March 13, for women who are interested in learning ways to assess their current strengths and abilities, identify and evaluate career and educational options, develop personal short-term and long-term goals, and create effective strategies for positive change in their lives. For more information click: http://www.hollins.edu/about/community/planning.shtml
- Professional female look for a roommate ($400 a month/plus utilities) to share charming home in Raleigh Court area. Must be okay living with two cats. Attendant will have a spacious bedroom w study and private bathroom. Has the option of being furnished or unfurnished. Pictures available upon request. If interested please send email to email@example.com . Looking forward to hear from you!
- Room for Rent: Quiet professional wanted to share a house. $400 for a large room (furnished or unfurnished) with complete access to all common living areas, including kitchen, living room and laundry room, shared bathroom. All utilities plus internet included, split cost of heating oil in the winter. The house is in a quiet neighborhood close to Hollins University and I-81. Looking for a roommate who is neat and will contribute to the cleaning of common areas, no smoking, no drugs. I have cats and would consider allowing another, no dogs. Proof of employment, references and security deposit are required, must be able to pass a background
Submit COMMUNITY NEWS items to Publicrelations@virginiawestern.edu