The American Red Cross Bloodmobile will be on campus March 14th, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. , located in parking lot #1 near the Natural Science Center. The Red Cross representative says they are in serious need of blood donations as they serve a very large area (40 counties) including Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas. Please consider donating to this very worthy cause. Your donation is a gift of life.
February 23, 2012
The Student Government and Phi Theta Kappa will be hosting a Winter Wonderland on Wednesday, February 29 from 1-4pm. This event will be in the student lounge. Come out for free snow cones, pizza, ice cream, and cupcakes. Join us at 1:30, 2:30, and 3:30 for a game of chubby bunny and a chance to win a gift card to Java the Hutt. Contact Karra Parikh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
COUNSELING & ADVISING
- A transfer representative from Hollins University will be on campus today on the second floor of the Business Science Building, 10 a.m. to noon.
- A transfer representative from Mary Baldwin College will be on campus today on the third floor of Webber Hall today, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
HALL CAREER CENTER
- Business Etiquette Mixer, Tuesday, February 28, 4 - 5:30 p.m. in the Natural Science Center. Free food provided. Register at the Hall Career Center, Student Center, room 202. Space is Limited.
- Goodwill Donation Drive, The Hall Associates Career and Employment Assistance Center is teaming up with Goodwill for a donation drive. The college will receive vouchers based on the amount of donations received. Vouchers will then be given to students to purchase clothing for interviews, career fairs, networking, etc.
Please start collecting gently used clothing, accessories, toys, games, and books now. Boxes will be located around campus 3/14 to 3/23. An E.D.G.A.R. (Educating that Donations to Goodwill Are Recyclable) Box will be in front of the Student Center 3/19 – 3/23.
The Goodwill truck will be here on campus Wednesday, March 14, 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. You will be able to get a receipt for donations dropped off at the truck. No receipts will be given for donations left in boxes.
Thank you in advance for supporting our students and Goodwill! For more information call Renee Rice at 857-7298 or email email@example.com.
- Commencement Ceremony Name Pronouncement - We want to make sure we make every attempt to pronounce your name correctly at commencement. Call 857-6699 to let us know how to pronounce your name.
BUSINESS, ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- Weekend Computer Seminar classes are a great way to expand your computer skills! These 1-credit courses can help you get ahead in your career field. Don’t miss these upcoming seminars:
- Microsoft Excel 2010 Basics, 3/2, 3/3 and 3/9
These classes are introductory attendance based classes. You’ll learn what’s new including the ribbon feature and the fun and exciting functions these software has to offer. Interested? Contact Lacey Carey in the Business, Engineering and Technology Division Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 857-6210.
A full list of Weekend Computer Seminar classes is located here: http://tinyurl.com/7k39uf8
- Take a trip to see Mummies at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts on Friday, February 24th. Contact Student Activities for more information.
- Open gym on Friday, women’s basketball 3:30-4:45 p.m. and men’s basketball 4:45-6 p.m.
- Last men’s home basketball game of the season, Saturday vs New River, 6 p.m.
- MTV’s MADE casting call, Monday, February 27th, limited spaces available, contact Student Activities.
DON'T FORGET! Soup for Seniors soup collection, our campus goal is 2,000 cans! Drop off cans of soup in any division office, Brown Library, Fishburn Hall, Chapman Hall or the Student Center!