Join us Saturday, February 25th, as the Met Live in HD series continues with a performance of Verdi's Ernani. Order lunch in advance from McAlister's Deli by calling 819-9422.
Doors open at noon and the performance will begin at 1 p.m. in Whitman Theater. The performance is scheduled to run approximately 3 hours, 50 minutes with two intermissions. Scott Williamson, General & Artistic Director of Opera Roanoke, will present a discussion of this opera prior to the performance.
General admission prices are $20 for adults, $18 for Met Members, Opera Roanoke Subscribers and senior citizens, students and children are free.
Roanoke College On-site Review- February 29th
Roanoke College will be on campus next Wednesday, February 29th to conduct on site-reviews. This is a great opportunity to sit down with a representative from Roanoke College and have your application reviewed and receive an admissions decision on the spot! Appointments will be made in 30 minute increments from 9 - 12 . To make an appointment, please email me at email@example.com or come to the Advising and Retention office in Chapman Hall, Room 105 by Tuesday, February 28th by 5. Walk-ins will be worked into the schedule as time permits. The Roanoke College on-site reviews will be located in the Student Center, Room 209.
What you need to bring to your appointment:
• Paper copy of your Roanoke College application
• Copies of your college transcript (unofficial are accepted)
• High School transcript (needed only if this is your first semester at VWCC)
If you are unable to make this date, Roanoke College also plans to be here March 12 and April 9. Further information regarding those dates will be coming soon. Please contact me with any questions.
Upcoming Non-Credit Classes. Contact Paulette Parkhill at 857-6514 to register.
- Zumba - Zumba is a fun Latin dance aerobics class. Classes are Tuesday and Friday, 2:45 to 3:30 p.m. in the gymnasium. Cost is $24.
- Gardening Organically- Learn how to plan and locate the vegetable garden, organic methods, some of the major pests and how to cope with them in a sustainable manner. Cost is $39. Saturday, 3/24/12, 8 a.m. - noon
- Professional Container Gardening - Short on garden space? No problem! Learn the low-maintenance, high-impact tricks of the professionals to produce stunning container garden displays. Cost $30. Saturday, 4/21/12, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Basic Drawing - The starting point of almost all two dimensional art begins with basic drawing or sketching. This class will cover the core basics of drawing such as shading, lighting, and shape. A supply list will be given to students once class minimum of 4 students is met. Cost $95. Saturdays 3/3 to 4/14.
- Stained Glass - This (8) session stained glass class will take each student from beginner to an intermediate level. Class instruction centers on unique ways to frame and finish each item. Students will create up to four projects with each piece being framed differently. Class cost includes $119 non-refundable deposit. Cost $225. Wednesdays 3/7 to 4/25, 2 – 5 p.m.
- Stained Glass - (Franklin Co.)Location. Class Cost $225. Thursdays, 3/22 to 5/1, 6 – 9 p.m.
We need your help! Virginia Western is designing a Quality Enhancement Plan to improve student learning and/or your learning environment, and we need your input and ideas. Student focus group meetings are scheduled for Thursday, February 16th from 2:00 – 3:00 in the Natural Science Center and Wednesday, February 22nd from 12:00 – 1:00 in Webber 310. Come and help us better help you. Questions? Curious? Contact Mrs. Chitwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lowe's will be on campus recruiting today on the 3rd floor of Webber Hall, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.