- Domino's Express hours starting on Feb 20, 2012 will be Monday - Thursday - 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Friday - 9:30am to 2:00pm. The menu will no longer include breakfast items but they will offer their whole menu including pizza by the slice from opening to close
- Soup for Seniors, February 20-24, donate cans of soup for Soup for Seniors. Virginia Western Do-Gooders is collecting cans of soup for the League of Older Americans to distribute to local senior citizens. Drop off soup in any division office, Brown Library, Fishburn Hall, 1st floor, or the Student Center. Let’s collect 2,000 cans of soup!
- SOUP FOR SERVICE! Rescheduled from yesterday, 11:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Student Center, Free!
- Free Movie – The Muppets, March 1st, 4 and 7 p.m. Whitman Theater, free with Virginia Western ID
- Business Etiquette Mixer, Tuesday, February 28, 4 - 5:30 p.m. in the Natural Science Center. Free food provided. Register at the Hall Career Center, Student Center, room 202. Space is Limited.
February 21, 2012
Why social media, mobile phones want your info
Apple settles class-action suit over iPhone 4 antenna problem
February 20 is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. Celebrate! Come in out of the cold, eat a bowl of soup and learn more about how you can be kind to others. Rescheduled from Monday.
Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Join the Media Geeks TODAY and every Tuesday to watch a selected Ted Talk (www.ted.com) in Brown Library, 107, 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Today's TED Talk: Burt Rutan sees the future of space
In this passionate talk, legendary spacecraft designer Burt Rutan lambasts the US government-funded space program for stagnating and asks entrepreneurs to pick up where NASA has left off.
“HOT TOPIC” SESSION
Organizing Your Study System (with Style)
- When: Wednesday, February 22; 1 p.m.
- Where: Webber Hall, room 307
- Facilitator: Ms. Edna Whittier
This session will provide helpful tips for efficient, effective study time. It will include finding your motivation for studying, organizing your course materials, using your learning style, and setting up an appropriate workplace, setting and following a study schedule and getting more out of your textbooks. A handout on tips for studying with and around children will be provided.
Ms. Desiree Frye
Virginia Western Community College