The deadline for scheduling an appointment with Radford University for the February 21st On-Site Admissions is Thursday, February 9th! All application materials should be turned into the Counseling Office today.
To sign up for an appointment with an RU Admissions Representative, you must do the following:
1. Complete an online application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/runet/menu.html ) and pay application fee by February 9th.
2. Submit the following documents to the Advising Office:
• Official college transcripts – must be submitted to Radford prior to making your appointment. This includes dual enrollment work.
• Official high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores- Only need HS transcript and test scores if you have completed less than 24 credit hours and/or have not completed a college level math course.
• Prepare time lapse statement if there is a gap of time after high school and/or between college attendance that needs to be accounted for.
Have questions regarding the RU application? Please contact RU’s Admissions office at 540-831-5371.
Join the Media Geeks TODAY and every Tuesday to watch a selected Ted Talk (www.ted.com) in B107, Brown Library, 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Today's TED Talk:
Mike Rowe celebrates dirty jobs. Mike Rowe, the host of "Dirty Jobs," tells some compelling (and horrifying) real-life job stories. Listen for his insights and observations about the nature of hard work, and how it’s been unjustifiably degraded in society today.
Post submitted by Media Geeks
Graduation applications for spring and summer 2012 are now available in each division office. The deadline for submission of completed spring graduation applications is February 10, 2012. For summer graduates who plan to attend the commencement ceremony on May 11, applications must also be submitted by February 10, 2012. For summer graduates who do not plan to attend the ceremony, applications will be accepted until June 29, 2012.
Sharlona A Wimmer
Student Services Functional Analyst
540 857 6548
Valentine Day Cards: Make a card to give to someone special! Stamps, ink, paper, and all other materials will be provided.
Monday, February 13
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Student Center Lounge
Submitted by the Student Activities Office. Contact Natasha Lee at email@example.com with questions.
“HOT TOPIC” SESSION
Fragments, Run-Ons, and Comma Splices
When: Wednesday, February 8; 1:00 p.m.
Where: Webber Hall 307
Facilitator: Ms. Nancy Francisco
This workshop is appropriate for any student who struggles with sentence structure. It is especially relevant for ENG 01, 03, 07, and 111 students.
Ms. Desiree Frye
Virginia Western Community College
Check out these interesting articles regarding free online courses, social media and e-learning: