Graduation applications for spring and summer 2012 are now available in each division office. The deadline for submission of completed spring graduation applications is February 10, 2012. For summer graduates who plan to attend the commencement ceremony on May 11, applications must also be submitted by February 10, 2012. For summer graduates who do not plan to attend the ceremony, applications will be accepted until June 29, 2012.
Sharlona A Wimmer
Student Services Functional Analyst
540 857 6548
- Roanoke Higher Education Center Open House, Thursday, February 2, from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Radford University will hold on-site admissions on Tuesday, February 21 in the Student Center. Complete an online application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/runet/menu.html ) and pay application fee by February 9th. Contact RU Admissions at 540-831-5371.
HALL CAREER CENTER
- Preparation for Employment Day, Friday, February 3, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Health Technology & Wellness Fair, Thomas Center (beside Humanities Building), Thursday, February 9, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Explore employment opportunities with a variety of employers in the Health Technology & Wellness fields. Be prepared to bring a resume and dress is business casual.
- Lunch Leads, Wednesday, February 15, noon - 1:30 p.m. in the Natural Science Center. FREE lunch is provided. Find out what you need to do to start your own business. Great networking opportunity.
- Career Focus Dinnersare a program of the Workforce Education Advocacy Group of the Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Program is designed to bridge the gap between academia and the business community. You MUST register at the Hall Career Center, Student Center, room s202 at least one week prior to the dinner. Space is very limited. Reserve your spot NOW! This is a great networking opportunity.
- Logistics - Coca Cola Bottling Company, February 8, 5-7 p.m.
- Broadcasting - WSLS, February 16, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Banking - BB&T, February 22, 5-7 p.m.
- Healthcare - LewisGale Medical Center, March 7, 5-7 pm.
- Advertising - Neathawk Dubuque & Packett, March 15, 5-7 p.m.
- Biotechnology - Novozymes, March 22, 5-7 p.m.
- Criminal Justice - Western Virginia Regional Jail, March 29, 5-7 p.m.
- Marketing - UnitedHealthCare, April 4, 5-7 p.m.
- Business Etiquette Mixer, Tuesday, February 28, 4-5:30 p.m. in the Natural Science Center. Free food will be provided. Come network with local employers and learn how to walk, talk, and eat at the same time.
Register for Hall Career Center events in room202 of the Student Center. Check to see if the event qualifies for a Hall Career Center passport stamp. The Hall Career Center is open 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. daily and provides free resume help.
Just a reminder that deadlines for 2012-2013 scholarships are coming! The deadlines depend on the specific scholarship, but please take advantage of the scholarship search tools on the Virginia Western Financial Aid website for more information.
Here are a few that are listed with upcoming deadlines:
1. Roanoke Valley Branch – American Associated of University Women (AAUW)
2. Virginia Latino Higher Education Network (VALHEN)
3. Foundation for the Roanoke Valley
4. Virginia Space Grant : Community College STEM Scholarship
5. Virginia Credit Union – Dorothy J. Hall Memorial Scholarship Program
6. Roanoke Law Foundation (formerly Roanoke Bar Association)