The library's main floor renovation is finally finished, and we're celebrating with a Grand Opening this Thursday! Come join the festivities and take a tour of our newest learning space on campus.
- Come see and explore our Technology Petting Zoo. (We've got some Ring-Tailed iPads corralled.)
- Bring your smart phone or tablet and participate in our QR Code Scavenger Hunt! One current student and one faculty/staff member will win an iTunes gift card.
- Marvel at the changes the library has gone through with our History of Brown Library exhibit.
- Current students can enter to win one of our multiple prizes, drawn throughout the day!
- Check out what your classmates have been doing with the BIO 141 art and poetry display.
- And, oh yeah, we'll have refreshments. Really good ones. (Available 10am-1pm and 4pm-7pm.)
The main floor is done and ready for YOU. Come find out why Brown Library is the place to meet, study, collaborate, research, and learn.
Radford University will be on campus in the Student Center, Tuesday, February 21st for On-Site Admissions. This is a great opportunity to get an early admissions decision! You will need to schedule an appointment in the Advising Office in Chapman Hall, room 105. The deadline for scheduling an appointment and turning in all application materials is Thursday, February 9th. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis, so schedule early!
To sign up for an appointment with an RU Admissions Representative, you must do the following:
1. Complete an online application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/runet/menu.html ) and pay application fee by February 9th.
2. Submit the following documents to the Advising Office:
• Official college transcripts – must be submitted to Radford prior to making your appointment. This includes dual enrollment work.
• Official high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores- Only need HS transcript and test scores if you have completed less than 24 credit hours and/or have not completed a college level math course.
• Prepare time lapse statement if there is a gap of time after high school and/or between college attendance that needs to be accounted for.
Have questions regarding the RU application? Please contact RU’s Admissions office at 540-831-5371.
Whether you are looking for work now or later, you can sign up to use services in the Hall Career Center including the free job bank. Employers post full-time and part-time jobs on the site. To get help with resume writing, job searching, interviewing skills, or career counseling and to register to use the job bank, come to the Hall Career Center, located in the Student Center, S202.
Join the Media Geeks TODAY and every Tuesday to watch a selected Ted Talk (www.ted.com) in M228, 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Today's TED Talk:
Richard Dawkins on militant atheism
Richard Dawkins urges all atheists to openly state their position -- and to fight the incursion of the church into politics and science. A fiery, funny, powerful talk.
Post submitted by Media Geeks