- Foundation Home
- About Us ▼
- Fralin Futures
- Scholarships ▼
- Innovation Grants
- Giving ▼
- Program Support Funds
- Student Emergency Fund
- VWCC Student Food
- News & Publications ▼
- Coming Events
- Make College Possible
- Smith Endowed Chair
- Community Arboretum
- Forms ▼
The Virginia Western Community College Educational Foundation supports more than 85 scholarships for credit and noncredit courses. Students are eligible to apply each semester for awards that range from $500 to $2,000.
The Fall 2021 scholarship application is open March 1 – May 3, 2021.
Contact Scholarship Coordinator Carolyn Payne at or 540-857-6371 with any questions.
Exciting Scholarship Opportunity!
Finishing your STEM-H program of study in 2021-2022? Check out the exciting opportunity available for Fralin Futures STEM-H Scholarships.
News & Announcements
Assemble the following items before beginning the application:
- Know your current cumulative high school or Virginia Western grade point average (GPA), and the number of Virginia Western credits you have earned, if applicable.
- Copy of your most recent college or high school academic transcript (may be unofficial)
- Copy of your most recent (2019) signed tax return if self-supporting, your parents' most recent (2019) signed tax return if dependent, or the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- Please review all answers for accuracy on the online application in its entirety before submitting.
Click on "How to Apply Step by Step" (PDF) to see all steps to submit a complete application.
To apply for any Educational Foundation scholarship, you must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Enroll in a minimum of six (6) credits, unless the scholarship you are applying for requires you to enroll in more. Full-time enrollment is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
Student Emergency Fund
Location: Fishburn Hall, F214
All users: 711
3093 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Fri: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM