Skip to main content
Apply Now to Virginia Western Give Now Help Options Help Options


Military Student Center

Veterans Benefits

Due to a change in regulations under the Forever GI Bill®, the VA has requested that schools hold all Ch. 33 certifications with any off-campus components. Contact the MSC for more information as to how this may affect your BAH.

VWCC's Financial Aid Office coordinates all veterans' educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the College.

The office is located on the Virginia Western campus in Anderson Hall, Room A122. The VA certifying official can be reached by phone at 540-857-7395.

The VA requires all students to be enrolled in an official curriculum leading to a certificate or degree in order to receive benefits. You must contact your VA certifying official each semester to complete the necessary forms to establish and maintain your eligibility for benefits.

The Department of Veterans Services State Approving Agency approves programs of education offered at Virginia Western Community College.

Responsibilities of Veteran Students

  • Register only for courses that are required for completion of your selected degree/certificate program.
  • Submit the Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits form (commonly known as the blue form) to your VA certifying official each term you enroll. You can also complete the form via Word document (DOCX).
  • Priority deadline for Fall 2018: July 20th. After this date, you should expect your Ch. 33 book stipend to arrive after classes have begun.
  • Notify your VA certifying official of any changes in your schedule, degree program and /or address.
  • Make satisfactory academic progress toward your chosen degree program.

Contact Us

Location: Anderson Hall A122
Phone: 540-857-6278
Fax: 540-857-6208


Mon-Thurs: 8:30 AM-5:30 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM