To find books that check out, click on the books link from the right sidebar. If you want to browse, books on computer science have the call number QA.
This is a selected list of books located in reference on the main floor.
- Q 175.5 .N49 Social Issues in Science and Technology: An Encyclopedia
- QA 76.15 .F732 The Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
- TK 5102 .C57 Illustrated Telecom Dictionary
- TK 5102 .P48 Data Telecommunications Dictionary
- TK 5102 .S25 The International Dictionary of Data Communications
- TK 5102 .W45 Fiber Optics Standard Dictionary
- TK 5105.5 .D97 Novell's Dictionary of Networking
- TK 5105.875 .I57 B64 Dictionary of Multimedia and Internet Applications: A Guide for Developers and Users
Many teachers have put their textbooks on reserve at the circulation desk on the top floor. Here are the listings for ITE classes.
Find these under the articles/databases link from the sidebar on the right.
- Factiva - Focus on business and news. Includes newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, Richmond Times-Dispatch and The Roanoke Times. Other sources include newswires, magazines, trade journals, web sites, company reports, and media transcripts.
- EBSCO - This is the place to start for general research. This group of databases includes: Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, Computers & Applied Sciences Complete, CINAHL, PsycARTCLES, ERIC, and more. Articles may be full-text, abstracts, or citations.
- Wiley Online Library- Full-text journal articles in a wide variety of academic subjects. It is possible to narrow your search to a particular subject group such as Information Science and Computing.
Computer Science Databases
Find these databases under the VIVA link on the databases page.
- ACM Digital Library- Full-text articles published by the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery). Includes journals, magazines, transactions, proceedings, and newsletters.
- ENGnetBASE - Includes full-text of 500 handbooks and reference titles published by CRC Press.
- IEEE Xplore - Indexes IEEE and IET journals, transactions, letters, magazines, conference proceedings, and standards. Also indexes books published by IEEE Press and IEEE Computer Society Press. Limit to subscribed content to see full-text only.
- Safari Books Online - This database is a collection of electronic books for programmers and IT professionals. Topic categories include computer science, graphics, multimedia, networking, and operating systems. Publishers include Cisco, Course Technology, Microsoft, Sams, and Que.
Here is a list of our full-text periodicals available through VIVA. You can search for a specific periodical by title or click on the category tab to search for all the periodicals on a subject such as Information Technology. Subcategories include computer security, database design, Internet, multimedia, software engineering, and more.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Look up your career in the Occupational Outlook Handbook online. Find out the nature of the work, training, employment, job outlook, projections data, and earnings. Here is a selected list of occupations available.