Fall 2015 Educational Foundation Scholarship Application
On Saturday, April 18, 2015, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. due to software upgrades, you may be unable
to access the scholarship application. If so, please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Fall 2015 Educational Foundation Scholarship Application process is open through Friday, May 15, 2015 at 4:00 PM. Applications are taken online only.
Contact Scholarship Coordinator Carolyn Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-857-6371 with any questions.
Instructions for Submitting Your Application
Before beginning the online application process, assemble the required information below.
- Know your current cumulative high school or Virginia Western grade point average, and the number of Virginia Western credits you have earned, if applicable.
- Copy of your most recent academic transcript
- Have a copy of your signed tax return, or your parents' signed tax return if you are a dependent.
Prepare a 250-word essay that addresses one of the following topics. Consult the Scholarship Essay Writing Tips (PDF) for assistance in completing
your essay. If you have received a Foundation scholarship in previous years, you must address a different topic on your Fall 2015 application.
- What is a societal problem you believe needs to be addressed? Explain why and how.
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that makes you unique.
- Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why? Do not include an immediate family member.
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- Choose a book or books that have affected you deeply and explain why.
- Please review the online application in its entirety before completing.
After Submitting Your Application
Required supplemental materials, such as transcripts, recommendations, a copy of your signed tax return, and materials required for specific
scholarships must be uploaded with the scholarship application.
Applications will not be considered if supplemental materials are not received by the May 15, 2015 deadline.