Financial Aid

Veterans Benefits

VWCC's Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs Office coordinates all veterans' educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the College.

The office is located on the Virginia Western campus in Chapman Hall, Room C106. The VA certifying official can be reached by phone at 540-857-7395

The VA requires all students to be enrolled in an official curriculum leading to a certificate or degree in order to receive benefits. You must contact your VA certifying official each semester to complete the necessary forms to establish and maintain your eligibility for benefits.

The Department of Veterans Services State Approving Agency approves programs of education offered at Virginia Western Community College.

Military Student Center Now Open!

The Military Student Center (MSC) is now open in Anderson 122.  Current hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30-5:30 and Friday 8:30-5:00.  Or we can be reached by phone at 540-857-6278. We have 2 computers available for use, as well as a small, but comfortable lounge area.

Services are still available in Chapman Hall, but the MSC is designed to be a one-stop center for nearly, if not all, services you may need as a military (veterans, active, dependent, reserve, etc.) college student.

Stop by.  Make yourself at home.  Get to know some of the other military students on campus.

Responsibilities of Veteran Students

  • Register only for courses that are required for completion of your selected degree/certificate program.
  • Submit the Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits form (commonly known as the blue form) to your VA certifying official each term you enroll. You can also complete the form via Word document.
  • Notify your VA certifying official of any changes in your schedule, degree program and /or address.
  • Make satisfactory academic progress toward your chosen degree program.

VWCC Alerts

We use VW Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency.

Get more info and register