Financial Aid :: Policies & Conditions
Rights & Responsibilities
Students receiving federal and state financial aid must be aware of the following rights and responsibilities.
You Have the Right to Know
- The financial aid programs that are available, and the eligibility requirements that pertain to each of these.
- The deadlines for submitting application forms.
- How financial aid awards are determined.
- How the costs for tuition, room and board, books and supplies, travel, personal and miscellaneous expenses are considered in establishing the cost of education.
- The data (parental income, parental assets, student income, student assets, household size, etc.) that were considered in determining your expected family contribution.
- The college's refund policy.
- What portion of the financial aid is grant aid, and what portion must be repaid.
- How the college determines satisfactory academic progress, and the consequences for financial aid when the standards have not been satisfied.
- The appeal process to follow, when you question a decision that has been made or wish to present an extenuating circumstance.
You Have the Responsibility to
- Complete applications and promissory notes and submit them on time to the appropriate location.
- Return all additional documentation, verification, corrections and/or new information requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Provide accurate information. In most instances, misrepresenting information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law and may be considered a criminal offense that could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal Codes.
- Read and keep copies of all forms signed.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office of the following information:
- Changes in name
- Changes in factors used to determine financial aid eligibility, including residency, housing plans, marital status, number of dependents, and academic major
- Other sources of financial aid received during the period covered by the award letter
- Reduction in credit hours during a semester
- Withdrawal from the college after a semester is in session
Location: Chapman Hall C106
3094 Colonial Ave. SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM