There is a lot of crossover support. When in doubt, the best bet is to call the Help Desk at 540-857-7354 or email them at email@example.com They can always help you get to the right support person!
In general, the Media Geeks will assist you with:
- Classroom hardware (control system, projection, starting the lecture capture system, sound, etc.)
- Mobile device support (iPad, Android, Mac laptops, personal PC laptop support)
- Video & Audio content creation and delivery (lecture capture, podcasting, special video projects)
- Advertisements for the VWtv system
- New technology considerations (you’ve got a great idea, but don’t know where to start)
Remember: the Media Geeks are always easiest to reach by calling or emailing the Help Desk!
- Blackboard Course Management System
- Blackboard Collaborate Web-conference System
- Blackboard Instant Messaging System (IM)
- Google Apps for Education
- Respondus Test Creation
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- Panopto Lecture Capture System
- Pedagogical Consultant and Support for Online and Technology-enhanced Course Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation, and more.
You can reach the Department of Distance Learning & Instructional Technology at DLearning@virginiawestern.edu or call at 540-857-6202.