Experience: Effective Preparation
- Develop leadership and job skills by joining social, athletic, or academic organizations.
- Join a professional society or organization that is related to your career field of interest.
- Work with a career counselor to learn more about resume writing, interviewing skills, and career choices.
- Conduct further, targeted informational interviews.
- If not already completed, take SDV 106 in preparation for an internship.
- Develop relationships with faculty and employers to use as references.
- Network, network, network!
- Attend employer-focused events at Hall Career Center and job fairs on campus and elsewhere.