Do you have information to share with students? Post your notices to the Student Bulletin!
Your postings could include:
- Opportunities for student engagement.
- Books for sale.
- Changes in class meeting times or locations.
- New employees to your office (even if they aren't new to the college) - especially if they work directly with students.
- Professional development milestones (publication of a book, journal articles, awards, etc) - yes students like to know when faculty and staff excel at what they do. Excellence builds pride.
- Congratulations to an individual or team for a competition or event.
- Business process updates or changes that students need to know. Does your office get a lot of students who ask the same question? Answer the question in the Student Bulletin so students can stay informed.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Federal Work Study positions open.
- Career and employment opportunities.
- Blackboard or SIS outages.
- Retirement announcements.
- And much more!
A few things to remember:
- Postings should be short and to the point (think about the basics that would get your attention)
- No graphics or tables (the bulletins are emails; graphics and tables take up server space)
- If a posting is not for the next day, include the run date at the top of the message (ex. Please run on 11/30)
- Postings must be submitted no later than noon the day prior (postings submitted on Friday will run on Monday)
- No bulletins are sent on Saturday, Sunday or any day the college is closed
- You can subscribe to the Student Bulletin http://www.virginiawestern.edu/services/bulletin/
How do you find the bulletin?
- www.virginiawestern.edu > Current Student > Student Bulletin (under the Student Life heading)
How do you post to the bulletin?
- Submit postings in a format ready to be published to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your spelling and grammar!
Posting or content questions? Contact Tara Nepper (email@example.com)