The Classified Staff Outstanding Achievement Award Committee is requesting nominations for the 2014 Classified Staff Outstanding Achievement Award. The deadline for submitting nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014.
Each year, three (3) eligible employees are selected to receive this award based on exceptional achievements, extraordinary accomplishments, outstanding initiative or superb performance resulting in significant benefits to Virginia Western Community College. This award is designed to acknowledge significant, specific contribution or accomplishment beyond regular expectations of an employee or beyond normal work duties. Group awards are permissible but are subject to policy provisions.
This year, nominations will be received by Human Resources through 5 p.m. on September 26, 2014. During the nomination period, eligible employees may be nominated for accomplishments and achievements that would merit an outstanding achievement award through such criteria as:
- Completing a major project under budget.
- Consistently providing exceptional customer service to internal or external customers.
- Completing a major project before the deadline under extraordinary time pressure.
- Developing and implementing strategies to resolve a work unit problem.
- Contributing to a one-time, outstanding effort, which benefited the work unit or the college.
- Specific accomplishment that improves internal processes, saving time or money.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, on-going contributions or other standards of excellence that assist the college achieving its mission.
In order to be nominated an employee must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Have attained non-probationary employment status in a full time classified position.
- Part-time wage employees must have at least one year of service. Part-time employees with a job code in the 89000 series are not eligible.
- Have no active Written Notices; and for part time wage employees, no disciplinary actions taken by the supervisor within the previous year.
- Not be a 2012 or a 2013 former recipient of the Award (an employee may only receive this Award once every two years). Those employees are: Mayra Vazquez-Miller, Pam Conner, Kalyca Schultz, Sandra Kelly, Faith Janney, James Gettys, Joan Ayers, Sandy Holland, Sue Clark, or Brenda Fichtner.
- No provisions of this policy may be waived without the approval of the Human Resources Director.
Any VWCC employee may nominate an eligible employee for the award by completing a Classified Staff Outstanding Achievement Award Nomination Form and returning it along with the supporting documentation to Denise Schuh in Human Resources by the deadline date and time established. The committee will review the nominations and decide which employees will be awarded this honor based on a standard set of ranking criteria. The awards will be presented at the Employee Service Award Ceremony which is scheduled for Monday, January 5, 2015 at 2 p.m. in the Whitman Theater. Individual recipients of the award will receive a monetary award of $500, a trophy, and a certificate of appreciation. Group awards will vary.
To obtain a nomination form, visit VWConnect/Human Resources/Forms/Recognition/2014 Classified Outstanding Achievement Award Nomination Form. If you have questions, please contact Denise Schuh in Human Resources at 857-7962.