It is now time to remove all Summer 2013 courses and before. All Summer 2013 (and prior) courses will be removed from the production Blackboard environment on August 15, 2014.
The criteria for removal at this stage:
- Course ID ending in "SU13"
- Or created before May 1, 2013
- On July 30, title of courses is changed to include "Will delete August 15, 2014" and courses are made unavailable on Blackboard.
- All courses are archived (this is an ongoing standard procedure) by VCCS ITS.
- August 15, 2014 (and following) - all flagged courses will be removed from production.
Courses that are “deleted” will no longer be accessible to the instructor for access on Blackboard. The current VCCS policy allows courses to be accessible to instructors on Blackboard for three previous semesters and then the courses can be restored only by a Blackboard administrator. This is done by instructor request. So if you should need course content from an earlier semester, it can be restored.
If you have any questions, please contact the department of eLearning & Instructional Technology (eLIT) at eLIT@virginiawestern.edu