VWCC has joined a consortium with BRCC, NRCC, WCC, VWCC, and VHCC to maximize resources and offer as many TOTAL classes to faculty as possible as NOVA will not be offering any TOTAL courses this summer. Therefore, when registering for the VCCS TOTAL courses offered this summer through the Southwest Consortium, please select the BRCC section as stated in Step 5 of the instructions below.
Each workshop focuses on a single topic for your professional development plan. Registration is open and closes at noon on May 16 for the May 19 workshops, and closes at noon on July 3 for the July 7 workshops. The schedule is:
May 19, 2014 - VCCS: Using Best Practices in Online Teaching (Please select BRCC Section) - 4 weeks - Ramona Coveny and Ken Fairbanks
May 19, 2014 - VCCS: Designing Rubrics and Providing Feedback (Please select BRCC Section) - 4 weeks - Carrie Halpin and Don Taylor
July 7, 2014 - VCCS: Preparing Student Learning Objectives (Please select BRCC Section) - 2 weeks - Ramona Coveny
July 7, 2014 - VCCS: Developing Collaborative Activities (Please select BRCC Section) - 2 weeks - Ian Griffin
Instructions for Accessing VCCS TOTAL Courses via the Knowledge Center:
- Login to the VWCC Knowledge Center: https://covkc.virginia.gov/vwcc/
- Go to Learning Center >> Course Catalog
- Enter Keywords: VCCS:TOTAL in the Search Text box. Click Search.
- Click on the course link of the course in which you would like to enroll, e.g. VCCS: TOTAL Designing Rubrics and Providing Feedback Workshop
- Click on the BRCC section.
- Click Enroll. You will see that your status changes to “Enrolled.” You will also see a statement confirming the date you enrolled: e.g. You enrolled in this item on 1/13/2014.
- After enrolling, you will be able to see the course(s) in which you are enrolled in the Scheduled Training box located on My Homepage: Home >> My Workspace >> My Homepage.
If you have questions or need assistance regarding the Knowledge Center, please contact Sarah Miller, Heidi McClintic or Carly Johnson in Human Resources. If you have any questions about the workshop format and content, please contact Carrie Halpin or Ramona Coveny in eLearning & Instructional Technology (eLIT).