EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION BOOK FUND - These funds are designed to help students purchase textbooks. These funds DO NOT assist students with required items for classes such as art supplies, knives, or other equipment. The application is available on the Educational Foundations VWConnect page.
- Request for funding should come to the Educational Foundation from the student's professor or counselor -- NOT THE STUDENT. The maximum award may not exceed $400. The Educational Foundation will begin processing book fund applications on Wednesday, January 8.
- The form must be completed by the student and by YOU, the student's Virginia Western professor or counselor.
- The student must also write a letter of thanks addressed to the Educational Foundation Board noting how these funds will help him/her meet his/her goals.
- Please FAX this completed form AND the letter of thanks to the Educational Foundation at 857.6370.
- The Educational Foundation will contact YOU, the person recommending the student, so that you can contact the student. The process is usually complete within 24 hours.
- Students will pick up textbooks from the Virginia Western Campus Bookstore and must bring one form of photo I.D.(ex. Driver's license or VWCC I.D).
EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION STUDENT EMERGENCY FUND - These funds are designed to address exceptional financial hardship faced by new and continuing Virginia Western students that could affect their continuing education. Examples of types of emergencies to consider: house fire, medical issues, assistance with temporary housing for a student left homeless, etc. These funds are limited, so please carefully consider each student’s request.
- The application for Student Emergency Funds is available on the Educational Foundation’s VWConnect page. Emergency Fund application requests may be made for up to $500. Requests for food gift cards may be made for up to $100. Requests for gas gift cards may be made for up to $50. A student may only apply once for emergency funds within a semester and for only one type of assistance, so please consider which type of funding would best help the student.
- The Educational Foundation will begin processing emergency fund applications on Wednesday, January 8.
- The student must complete the Student Information section on the reverse side of the application, and attach copies of the bill(s) to be paid, if applicable.
- The student’s instructor/counselor must complete the Instructor/Counselor Recommendation section on the reverse side of the application.
- Once completed, submit the application to a member of the Student Emergency Fund Advisory Council – Avis Quinn, Chad Sartini or Sheri Meixner. The advisory council member will send the completed form to the Educational Foundation.
- The Educational Foundation will contact the advisory council member once the application is processed.