Flu shots are now available free through the Commonwealth of Virginia healthcare plans.
COVA Care and COVA HDHP members can receive free flu shots utilizing your prescription benefit or major medical benefit in one of three ways:
- By participating pharmacies – for pharmacy listings go to http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/hbenefits/flushotinformation.html (Flu shots will not be covered when administered by a non-participating pharmacy, non-approved onsite Virginia Department of Health visit, or third party vendor at the pharmacy.)
- By your doctor’s office – covered as part of your wellness benefit under major medical.
- Onsite at Virginia Western Community College by appointment:
Human Resources/Workforce Development Training Room, Fishburn Hall
Thursday, October 24, 2013
7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- All employees and retirees, their spouses and covered children are welcome!
- Children age 9 and under must have a prescription to receive the vaccine from their doctor.
- Plan members who bring a COVA Care or COVA HDHP health insurance card will receive flu shots at no cost!
- There is a $31.99 charge for employees without insurance.
Appointments will be made in five (5) minute intervals. Please arrive five (5) minutes early to allow time for forms completion.
COVA Health Aware members can receive free flu shots only under their major medical benefit in one of two ways:
- By your doctor’s office – covered as part of your wellness benefit under your major medical.
- Participating pharmacy mini-clinics (on site at pharmacy and billed to major medical – not retail). See http://www.aetna.com/docfind/cms/html/flu_shot_vaccine_providers.html for a listing of participating pharmacies. CVS is a COVA Health Aware participating pharmacy. Flu shots will not be covered when administered by a third party vendor at the pharmacy.
Flu shots administered by Virginia Department of Health be not be covered by COVA Health Aware.
Contact Denise Schuh for an flu shot appointment at either 857-7962 or email@example.com.