This training session is critical for faculty members who are planning to copy courses from previous semester to their summer course shell on Blackboard. Potential risks of copying courses without being knowledgeable about how to organize and manage course files on Blackboard are as following:
- Faculty may run out space to add new content on their Blackboard courses, since unrelated course materials have been copied over repeatedly through semesters. (We will demonstrate the procedure of managing and deleting unrelated files within imported content files under Course Files section).
- Faculty may accidentally delete course materials without knowing the connection between course files and course content area. (We will demonstrate how to identify the links between the files within Course Files section and content areas. And what need to do if faculty accidentally delete the files from Course Files Section).
- We will have difficulty to archive the course from the Blackboard server since the size of the course is too big.
To avoid these potential risks, the Department of Distance Learning & Instructional Technology is offering two repeated training sessions:
Session Topic: How to Organize and Manage Course Files
Session Time and Location:
- Wednesday, March 27 from 5pm to 6pm at W219
- Thursday, March 28 from 3:30pm to 4:30pm at W219
Faculty members do NOT need to register to attend the session. If you have any questions, please contact Carrie Halpin at firstname.lastname@example.org