The Virginia529 prePAID program, formerly known as the Virginia Prepaid Education Program (VPEP), is currently accepting applications through March 31, 2013 for participation in the program. The following are highlights of the program:
- This plan is a Virginia State tax-advanantaged plan.
- State government employees are benefited by having the eligible contract payments deducted on a post-tax basis from their paycheck.
- Allows families to prepay the cost of tomorrow's college tuition and mandatory fees at today's rate.
- Contract payments cover future in-state undergraduate tuition and mandatory fees for the normal full-time course load at Virginia public colleges and universities.
- Benefits may be used at any eligible educational insitution in the country or around the world, but may not cover full tuition and fees at these schools.
The Virginia529 prePAID program has a limited enrollment period each year and is open for children from newborn through ninth grade at the time of enrollment.
Visit www.Virginia529.com for more information.