Do you have information to share with students? Post your notices to the Student Bulletin!
Postings should be college related with the exception of information included in Friday's bulletin posts, "Community Events" and "For Sale/Buy/Trade/Free." (see note below about different posting instructions for these posts)
Your postings could include:
- Opportunities for student engagement.
- Changes in class meeting times or locations.
- New employees to your office (even if they aren't new to the college) - especially if they work directly with students.
- Professional development milestones (publication of a book, journal articles, awards, etc) - yes students like to know when faculty and staff excel at what they do. Excellence builds pride.
- Congratulations to an individual or team for a competition or event.
- Business process updates or changes that students need to know. Does your office get a lot of students who ask the same question? Answer the question in the Student Bulletin so students can stay informed.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- Federal Work Study positions open.
- Career and employment opportunities.
- Blackboard or SIS outages.
- Retirement announcements.
- And much more!
A few things to remember:
- Postings should be short and to the point (think about the basics that would get your attention)
- No graphics or tables (the bulletins are emails; graphics and tables take up server space)
- If a posting is not for the next day, include the run date at the top of the message (ex. Please run on 11/30)
- Postings must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. the day prior (postings submitted on Friday will run on Monday)
- No bulletins are sent on Saturday, Sunday or any day the college is closed
- Send Community Event or For Buy/Sale/Trade/Free postings to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can subscribe to the Student Bulletin http://www.virginiawestern.edu/services/bulletin/
How do you find the bulletin?
- www.virginiawestern.edu > Current Student > Student Bulletin (under the Student Life heading)
How do you post to the bulletin?
- Submit postings in a format ready to be published to email@example.com. Be sure to check your spelling and grammar!
Posting or content questions? Contact Tara Nepper (firstname.lastname@example.org)