EMPLOYEE HOLIDAY LUNCHEON will be held on Friday, December 7th, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the gymnasium.
Our meal will be caterer by A Cut Above Catering. PLEASE register prior to the event so that we can make sure we can make sure we order the correct amount of food. The difference of 100 people equates to over $1,000. Everyone who registers will have their name in a drawing for door prizes. Please register by noon on November 30th. http://calendar.activedatax.com/virginiawestern/EventRegistration.aspx?Rid=117&Iid=604737&Frm=
Every year the college supports a couple of local charities with the donation of items or money. This year the college will be supporting the Office of Pregnant and Parenting Students and the ASPCA.
ADDITIONAL GIVING OPPORTUNITY - The College will be accepting donations of money, Wal-Mart and Kroger gift cards and the like to help support the family who hast taken in eight children of Mariam Ndarugiriye. The children, two are Virginia Western students, have been taken in by a member of their church, Our Lady of Nazareth, after the tragic loss of their mother last week.
Office of Pregnant & Parenting Student Service (VWCC)
- Diapers- infant to toddler size
- Pull ups
- Clothing- newborn to toddler- onesies, tshirts
- Coats- infant to toddler , 2t-6 sizes
- Books, puzzles- infant to pre school
- Small toys
- Car seat
- Diaper bag/Tote bag
- Insulated bags- for nursing mothers
- Gift cards- for transportation, food assistance
- WEPA cards- VWCC printing
- Monetary donations- can be used for bookstore credit, cab vouchers, child care assistance
See the list attached for needed donation items. Located Baldwin Avenue, NE. Services include animal adoption, foster care, low-cost spay and neutering, community outreach. http://www.rvspca.org/