Friday, October 12, 2012
- FREE WINE TASTING @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar 4-7 p.m. http://www.mrbillswinecellar.com/Mr._Bills/Mr._Bills_Wine_Cellar.html
- ROANOKE UNITED METHODIST HOME BAZAAR 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Bazaar is free, $8.50 for luncheon by reservation only. email@example.com
- 25TH ANNIVERSARY CRAFTSMEN'S FALL CLASSIC ART & CRAFT FESTIVAL @ Roanoke Civic Center 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Admission is your generous donation of food to benefit Feeding America Southwest Virginia Food Bank. Contact@GilmoreShows.com
- BLUE RIDGE FILM & MUSIC FESTIVAL @ Buchanan Theater, noon – 10 p.m. Single day pass to all theater events $20 (Fri & Sat) day pass for Sunday $10, all inclusive pass for entire weekend (includes 3 days of film, music, after parties, and dinner Fri-Sat) $95. For complete information on schedules, what and when the moves will be screened, what time the music and dinner starts, the after party, and all that, please visit www.blueridgefilmfest.com
- CHEERS FOR CHARITY @ Annie Moore's Pub 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Cheers for Charities was founded by K92 and the Women Business Owners Network - www.WBOnetwork.com to give back to the charities in the Roanoke Valley and to help people in the community learn about some amazing nonprofit organizations who are truly making a difference in the Roanoke Valley area and beyond. Once a month an after work social will be held at a local restaurant and will benefit a local nonprofit agency or organization. These events are sponsored in part by City Magazine. https://www.facebook.com/CheersforCharities
- FREE CRAFT BEER TASTING @ Wine Gourmet 5- 8 p.m. http://www.winegourmetva.com/
- MOVIES AT THE TOWER @ Wells Fargo Plaza 7 p.m. http://www.downtownroanoke.org/do/wells-fargo-presents-movies-at-the-tower-zookeeper
Saturday, October 13,
- FREE WINE TASTING FEATURING BARBOURSVILLE WINES @ Mr. Bill’s Wine Cellar noon – 5 p.m.
- VINTON FALL FESTIVAL, 10 a.m. -4 p.m. @Downtown Vinton, Activities include: two entertainment stages; crafts; pancake breakfast; 5K distance run/walk; flowers, fruits, vegetables, sewing, crafts and canned goods ,children’s activities; doggy costume contest, a Civil War encampment and more including the Monster Truck Rides. http://www.vintonchamber.com/index.php/2012-06-01-15-38-00/icalrepeat.detail/2012/10/13/8/-/vinton-fall-festival
- SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY @ The Attic, 7:30 p.m. http://www.roanoke.com/eventcalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eventID=33002&dteId=22469
- 13TH ANNUAL FALL SCARE @ Putt Putt Fun Center, 5-10 p.m. $5 per person http://www.puttputt-roanoke.com/
- BOY SCOUT TROOP 17 PANCAKE BREAKFAST FUNDRAISER @ St. John’s Episcopal Church 8-10 a.m. $5 all-you-can-eat pancakes and sausage.
- MET OPERA LIVE IN HD - DONIZETTI’S L'ELISIR D'AMORE–NEW PRODUCTION @ Virginia Western Community College, 1-4 p.m. $20 adults, $18 senior citizens, students and children FREE. McAlister’s Deli will offer a free reception during intermission.
- 24TH ANNUAL PTA HOLIDAY CRAFT SHOW @ Northside Middle School 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- 30TH ANNUAL CRAIG COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL @ Main Street New Castle, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Vendors, antique car show, horse rides, mechanical bull, blacksmith. Country breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. Raffle drawings at 4:30. Sponsored by Craig County Historical Society
- B CUP RUGBY AND BRA CRAWL @ Highland Park, 3 p.m. $10 for bra crawl. The Roanoke Rugby Football Club will sponsor the B-Cup Rugby match at Highland Park in Roanoke. Raffle, t-shirt and food sales also! Bra crawl will be held in Downtown Roanoke in the evening. Afterwards, a bra or bar crawls at various restaurants downtown. firstname.lastname@example.org
BLACK DOG WINE & MUSIC FESTIVAL @ Chateau Morrisette 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. $25 per person 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The Catalinas 2-5 p.m. The Embers
- HUGE MULTIFAMILY YARD SALE, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Items include clothes, baby stuff, purses, shoes, toys and more. All proceeds go to my father to help with his ongoing medical bills. He's currently fighting lung cancer. He finished his rounds of chemo and will be starting radiation in a week. Longhorn Road in SW Roanoke County and follow the neon pink signs from 419 near Oak Grove Plaza.
SOUTH CITY KNIGHTS CAR SHOW, Saturday October 27, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. $5 entry fee per car in advance, $10 day of event, if space available. Food, raffle tickets $1 to win free oil change and gift baskets. Contact email@example.com to enter your car. Judging is determined by money in a bucket in front of your car at 3 p.m. Trophy for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places! Support the South City Knights Rec Club. Contact Kim Matias at firstname.lastname@example.org to enter your car. http://southcityknights.com/
INTERNATIONAL AUCTION AT THE LAKE hosted by Roanoke Valley Sister Cities, Sunday, October 21 from 2-5 p.m. There will be music, food, wine, original art, and gift certificates. It will be held at the W. E. Skelton 4-H Educational Conference Center, 775 Hermitage Road, Wirtz, VA. For a partial listing of artwork, visit our website at www.rvsci.us/auction