Are you weary of winter? Then think about heading south with the Friends of the Arboretum to explore the beautiful, historic gardens of Charleston, South Carolina. Deadline to register is February 21, 2014. For trip information and registration, click here: www.virginiawestern.edu/arboretum
February 12, 2014
Gain some insight on steps to take, questions to ask and resources to consider as you advise your "undecided" students. Attend an Advising the Undecided Student professional development session. These sessions will be held in the Natural Science Center on:
Monday, February 10 from 12-1
- Thursday, February 13 from 2-3
- Friday, February 14 from 9-10
Last Day to Register/Add a Class - January 13 Last Day to Drop and Receive a Refund - January 24
- Last Day to Withdraw Without Grade Penalty - March 21
Mailroom and Print Services are joining forces and will be moving into Anderson Hall in the space formerly occupied by the Dental Hygiene Program. By combining these two operations into one department, we will eliminate redundancy and increase efficiency of mail and print services.
The postage meter machine will be moved into the new space on Thursday, February 13th and Friday, February 14th. To facilitate this move, outgoing mail will not be available after noon on Thursday, February 13th or at all on Friday, February 14th. UPS will not be available until Monday, February 17th. The new Mail and Print Services space in Anderson Hall contains a new mailbox for each area/division on campus. Mail delivery to all areas on campus will continue until the transition is complete. However, once complete each area/division will pick-up and deliver their outgoing mail to Anderson Hall.
To further streamline mail delivery to the campus, we will begin the process of having the mail delivered to the campus by the U. S. Postal service and eventually eliminate the need for a post office box. Eliminating the post office box will take some time. To start the process, we are asking everyone to begin by changing the address on their email contact information. This process will take several months to a year. Do not order new business cards or letterhead stationary until your current supplies are depleted. The address that should be used for each area is listed below for your convenience. Please notice that all of the addresses use Roanoke, VA 24015 for the city, state and zip code.
I appreciate everyone’s cooperation and support of this new process and look forward to having an Open House to introduce everyone to the new area.
Street Addresses for all Major Buildings
- Anderson Hall 3097 Colonial Ave., SW
- Brown Library 3095 Colonial Ave., SW
- Business Science Building 3099 Colonial Ave., SW
- Chapman Hall 3094 Colonial Ave., SW
- College Services Building 3054 Colonial Ave., SW
- Craig Hall 3092 Colonial Ave., SW
- Duncan Hall 3090 Colonial Ave., SW
- Fishburn Hall 3093 Colonial Ave., SW
- Fralin Center
- 3091 Colonial Ave, SW
- Greenhouse 3102 Colonial Ave., SW
- Humanities Building 3082 Colonial Ave., SW
- Student Center 3096 Colonial Ave., SW
- Thomas Center 3074 Colonial Ave., SW
- Webber Hall 3098 Colonial Ave., SW
- PE Building No legal address
Virginia Western Workforce Solutions administrative officer Dan Semones was honored recently with the 2013 Virginia Community College System Chancellor’s Award in the area of Occupational Instruction and Services.
In the 2012-13 fiscal year, Dan had an increase of revenues of 137 percent over 2011-12 with a 22.4 percent increase in enrollment (1,350 students); and 33,473 class contact hours. Dan was personally responsible for bringing in more than $540,000 in revenues to Workforce Solutions. He found a strong partner to provide Virginia Western with a non-credit Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A) program that has provided training to over 275 individuals to date and has placed 261 in employment.
Please congratulate Dan for his accomplishment!
Attend one of the Advising the Developmental Student professional development sessions. These sessions will be held in the Natural Science Center on:
- Monday, February 17 from 12-1
- Thursday, February 20 from 2-3
- Friday, February 21 from 9-10
- Record Lectures and Tutorials using Panopto Lecture Capture System
- Create Online Web Meetings/Office Hours Using Blackboard Collaborate
- Brown Bag Session: Impatica for PowerPoint
- Respondus and Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Blackboard Course Content Management and Discussion Board
- Blackboard Online Testing
- Blackboard Grade Center
Detailed information about training session content can be found on the registration form. To register, please go to this page.
If you have any questions, please contact Carrie Halpin at CHalpin@virginiawestern.edu