Students & Alumni: REGISTER TODAY to attend the 2014 Career Premiere Job & Internship Fair!
WHEN: February, 20th 2014 from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
RESERVE your spot today!!! Contact or come by the Hall Career Center (Thomas Center 202) at 857-6710 or firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the registration forms.
For more information and a list of employers please visit the event website: http://careerpremierefair.com/students/ The employer list will be constantly updated as more employers register to attend with an average of 50-60 employers attending the fair each year this can be a great opportunity to make some connections!
The Career Premiere Fair brings employers together with students and recent graduates from several liberal arts and sciences colleges, universities and community colleges in the northwest and southwest regions of Virginia.
The purpose of the Fair is to share information with college students and graduates about career and internship opportunities at participating organizations.
Resume Power Hour is a brief 10-15 minute, one-on-one informational session that will help you tweak your resume to the needs of your future employer. This can be an excellent opportunity for your students and advisees who will be graduating or are currently looking for employment to gain insights and information on current guidance and employer preference on resume formating!
This is a drop-in, first-come, first-served service! Bring a hard copy of your resume and have it reviewed by one of our professionals.
- Every Monday 11-12
- Every Thursday 10-11
- Every Friday 1-2
Join us in the Hall Career Center (540.857.7298)-Thomas Center 202
The Blackboard Exemplary Course Program began in 2000 with the goal of identifying and disseminating best practices for designing engaging online courses. The Exemplary Course Award recognizes faculty and course designers around the world who develop exciting and innovative courses that represent the very best in technology and learning. Courses are evaluated in four major areas (Course Design, Interaction & Collaboration, Assessment and Learner Support) by a peer group of Blackboard clients, a Reviewer Council, and Directors.
Benefits of Participating:
- Reflect on your own course design through a self-evaluation of your course and gain new perspective and insights on your course.
- Receive detailed feedback on your own course development including best practices and areas for improvement.
- Apply lessons learned from the Exemplary Course Rubric to your own courses or those you are helping to develop.
- Gain professional development experience and recognition for your accomplishments and participation in the program.
Submission Deadline: Feb. 17, 2017
Detailed information about the program, submission form, Exemplary Course Program Rubric can be found at this page.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Carrie Halpin at CHalpin@virginiawestern.edu
Lot 15 will remain closed until the stairs at the tennis court end are installed. The stair construction will entail concrete trucks maneuvering in the lot. The parking spaces along Colonial Avenue are permanently closed and Roanoke City will be posting No Parking signs there prior to the holidays as part of the project. This will greatly improve safety. Please be patient as these construction details are finalized.
Attention ALL employees (Full and Part-Time, Faculty and Staff):
To make sure Payroll has your current mailing address for W2 purposes, please review and update your address no later than December 13th, 2013.
To Edit an address:
- Log-in to PeopleSoft.
- Click "Main Menu".
- Click "Self Service".
- Click "Personal Information Summary".
- Click "Change Home/Mailing Addresses" button.
- Then click the “Edit” button to the right of the address which needs to be updated.
- Fill out the form with your new mailing address information. You must list the same address in the HOME and MAILING address variables. Please ensure you are using proper USPS format and abbreviations. The Postal code MUST be in the nine-digit format. Use this link to find your code: http://zip4.usps.com.
- Residence/Juris Code should be the city or county location of the corresponding address.
- List effective date of address change next to “On this date”.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Ok”.
- Click “Return to Personal Information” when verification of Address is complete.
Additionally, you must submit all address changes to the Human Resources Department. This can be done by emailing Heidi McClintic (email@example.com) from your VWCC Employee Email Account (or you can use your VCCS Student Email account if you do not have an Employee Email Account with our college) with the request.
You should also take a few minutes to update all of your personal information. The Job Aid in on VWConnect (has to be accessed while on campus or thru virtual network). Go to HUMAN RESOURCES > PEOPLESOFT HRMS > Select the appropriate Checklist based on your position status (full-time or part-time).