We look forward to seeing you today when the We Are Western Prize Team is back on Patrol! Remember, once you donate to the We Are Western '13 Employee Giving Campaign, you are entered into all the prize drawings for the remainder of the campaign.
Increase your chances of winning during the next We Are Western Prize Patrol drawing, which will be held on Wednesday, October 2.
- We Are Western T-shirts
- $25 gift certificate to Advance Auto Parts
- $25 gift certificate to Olive Garden
- $30 gift certificate to Amazon
- Jambox the Smart Speaker Wireless speaker
A downloadable campaign contribution form and secure online contribution form are available at www.virginiawestern.edu/foundation on the Employee Giving Campaign page. If you have any questions, please contact Erik Williams at 857.8914 or email@example.com. Thank you for being part of our family and supporting our students! We Are Western!
Flu shots are now available free through the Commonwealth of Virginia healthcare plans.
COVA Care and COVA HDHP members can receive free flu shots utilizing your prescription benefit or major medical benefit in one of three ways:
- By participating pharmacies – for pharmacy listings go to http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/hbenefits/flushotinformation.html (Flu shots will not be covered when administered by a non-participating pharmacy, non-approved onsite Virginia Department of Health visit, or third party vendor at the pharmacy.)
- By your doctor’s office – covered as part of your wellness benefit under major medical.
- Onsite at Virginia Western Community College by appointment:
Human Resources/Workforce Development Training Room, Fishburn Hall
Thursday, October 24, 2013
7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- All employees and retirees, their spouses and covered children are welcome!
- Children age 9 and under must have a prescription to receive the vaccine from their doctor.
- Plan members who bring a COVA Care or COVA HDHP health insurance card will receive flu shots at no cost!
- There is a $31.99 charge for employees without insurance.
Appointments will be made in five (5) minute intervals. Please arrive five (5) minutes early to allow time for forms completion.
COVA Health Aware members can receive free flu shots only under their major medical benefit in one of two ways:
- By your doctor’s office – covered as part of your wellness benefit under your major medical.
- Participating pharmacy mini-clinics (on site at pharmacy and billed to major medical – not retail). See http://www.aetna.com/docfind/cms/html/flu_shot_vaccine_providers.html for a listing of participating pharmacies. CVS is a COVA Health Aware participating pharmacy. Flu shots will not be covered when administered by a third party vendor at the pharmacy.
Under no circumstances will flu shots administered by Virginia Department of Health be covered by COVA Health Aware.
Contact Denise Schuh for an flu shot appointment at either 857-7962 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, October 2
Cafeteria (Outside Domino's and Jave the Hut)
Win cash prizes at a pop culture trivia game show!
For more information, contact Student Activities Coordinator Natasha Lee at email@example.com or 857-6326.
On Monday, September 30th, faculty and staff will see a SAILS icon appear in their My VWCC accounts. Unless you are a faculty member teaching developmental education courses, you can disregard this icon at this time.
If you are teaching a developmental education course this semester, you will receive information and training regarding the use of this system in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact Brooke Ferguson or Lori Baker.