We have set up two Blackboard training sessions for Blackboard new users and for users who wants to refresh their Blackboard skills. To register for the training session(s), please go to: https://docs.google.com/a/email.vccs.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEJuV2t6VF9MSkppX1ZkVmVuX21nQUE6MA
Here is the training information:
Session One: Blackboard User Interface & Basic Course Setup
Time & Location: Monday, Apr. 8 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm at Webber Hall 311
Session Two: Blackboard Grade Center
Time & Location: Wednesday, Apr. 10 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm at Webber Hall 311
Please email Carrie Halpin at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Saturday, April 6, 2013
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
- Physicians on Foot (8:30am) @ The Greenway in front of Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Numerous Carilion Clinic physicians are lacing up their walking shoes alongside the public in the "Physicians on Foot" weekly walking program. For info - www.carilionclinic.org/walking
- City Market Saturdays (11am – 2:30pm) @ Downtown Roanoke. For more info - www.downtownroanoke.org
- Free Weekly Wine Tasting (12pm – 5pm) @ Wine Gourmet
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Do you have an item to post in COMMUNITY EVENTS? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Youth Service Day is the largest volunteer event in the world. Serve and Celebrate on April 26 and 27, 2013 First 200 volunteers will receive a GYSD T-shirt! We also invite you to join fellow GYSD volunteers for the Post-Service Celebration. For a list of all volunteer opportunities, please visit our website at: www.fsrv.org/gysd
“MMMOVE” My Motivation Movement (MMMOVE) - It's about helping people connect with others in the Community, find joy in Fitness, and improve their Health. 3 Miles • You vs. You • Free. This is an event you won't want to miss. With live music, food and activities, there really is something for everyone. You can walk, jog, run, or be a cheerleader! It's not a race; you compete against a goal you set for yourself at registration. Join us on June 1, 2013 on the Roanoke River Greenway. Learn more at www.mmmove.org, and register at http://bit.ly/MMMOVE2013.
LEATHER RECLINER FOR SALE. Like new, sits in the living room and rarely ever used. Will sale or trade for some light labor. $200 Call 540-819-3838
ITEMS FOR SALE: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 $25; Dog Ramp (heavy duty) will measure if interested $35; Extra Large Ultimate Dog Bed (brand new from Foster n Smith) 35x50 $50 (firm). Call 309-4549 if interested.
SPANISH TUTORING FOR VIRGINIA WESTERN STUDENTS, $15 per hour, discounts for more the 2 hours per week. Contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
WEIGHT SET: A great value! Includes – 395 lbs. of cast plates, 310 lbs. of dumbells, bench, weight bar, arm curl bar, 2 spotter stands, weight stand. New price $1156, asking $450. Email: email@example.com
EPSON PERFECTION 3200 PHOTO SCANNER: For sale $95. Price new was over $400. Excellent condition. Comes with cables but you will need to download the software for your computer from the Epson site. 362-5113 or 857-6070
FRESH BROWN EGGS FOR SALE: From free-range chickens. Contact Elizabeth Wilmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
HARVARD ELECTRONIC 4-PERSON AIR HOCKEY TABLE: Standard size Harvard electronic air hockey table. 4’ wide x 7’ long with electronic scoring. Barley used and in good condition. Approximately 6 years old. Currently sells new for $974.00+. Asking $200 (cash only) – firm. Bottom support must be removed to move; flight of stairs to remove from the house. Contact Denise at 540-314-3713.
SOFAS FOR SALE: Three used sofas $150 Call 704-492-3255 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have an item to post FOR BUY/SALE/TRADE/FREE? Please submit your information ready to post with complete contact information to email@example.com.
The 2013 Employee Survey will be open for your feedback until Friday, April 12th. Please take this opportunity to provide your input on all aspects of the college at the following link: http://survey.vccs.edu/wsb.dll/s/41gf08
Your opinions matter! Concerns expressed in previous Employee Surveys have been addressed through such items as:
- changes in our governance structure
- strengthened oversight of dual enrollment courses
- improved parking lot safety
- increased food options
Help our college continue to meet the needs of both employees and students by providing your input. If you have any questions about this anonymous survey, please contact the IEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1. CIGARETTE SMOKERS
The Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute is conducting a brain imaging study on cigarette smokers. Eligible participants must meet the following criteria:
- Current smokers, age 18-55
- Smoke at least 5 cigarettes per day
- Have been smoking for the past year
You will be compensated for your time. Eligible participants typically make $50 for the first session and $30 for the second session, with the potential to earn an additional $75. We have two locations, Blacksburg and Roanoke, and scheduling is very flexible to best accommodate your schedule. If interested, please contact Andre at 540-526-2068 email@example.com for more information.
- 2. OEF/OIF VETERANS NEEDED FOR FMRI STUDIES
- Deployment impacts veterans in many ways
- We use new fMRI technology to understand how deployment can affect the biology of the brain
- Have the study described and questions answered by study staff before deciding to participate
- Participate in a videotaped interview about your life experiences
- Fill out some questionnaires
- Complete computer tasks during an fMRI scan which may include:
- Viewing positive, negative, & neutral images- including some that are combat related
- Playing simple computer games
- Be asked to provide a saliva sample for genetic analyses
- Receive a CD copy of your structural brain scan
- Be compensated $15 per hour for the interview & questionnaire session and $20 or more for the fMRI scan depending on how you play the game
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- OEF/OIF Veterans who are:
- Between 18 & 64 years old
- Free from metal in their body
- Not claustrophobic
(540) 526-2032, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://info.vtc.vt.edu/vets