Please be advised of the following changes made to the Employee Benefits and Health Fair on April 10th:
- Due to participation levels, the Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) screening will not be conducted by Lewis Gale Hospital. As a reminder, men that meet age and/or other criteria as specified by COVA Care and Anthem HDHP may have their screening conducted during your annual physical at no cost to you.
- Due to upcoming changes in our health plans, the free combination screenings provided by CommonHealth will not be provided. The combination screenings will be offered to employees this Fall.
- The Cardiovascular Department of Lewis Gale Hospital will be onsite to provide all employees free height, weight, BMI, and blood pressure checks.
See you at the Fair!
The following days and times are open to any faculty members desiring training for Advising Days and/or Discover sessions:
Monday, April 8: 11:00 a.m. - 12 noon, Webber 311
Tuesday, April 9: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m., Webber 106
For planning purposes, please email either Yvonne Campbell at email@example.com or Angela Niblett at firstname.lastname@example.org with perspective date of attendance.
Career Bytes is a 30 minute informational session about job searching, resumes, & interviewing. Contact the Hall Career Center at 857.7298 to sign up for one of the following sessions: (Two time slots offered for each Career Bytes session)
- April 10th- Job Searching 12:15-12:45 or 5-5:30
- April 18th- Interviewing 12:15-12:45 or 5-5:30
- April 23rd- Resume Writing 12:15-12:45 or 5-5:30
*HCC Passport Event
We have set up two Blackboard training sessions for Blackboard new users and for users who wants to refresh their Blackboard skills. To register for the training session(s), please go to: https://docs.google.com/a/email.vccs.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEJuV2t6VF9MSkppX1ZkVmVuX21nQUE6MA
Here is the training information:
Session One: Blackboard User Interface & Basic Course Setup
Time & Location: Monday, Apr. 8 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm at Webber Hall 311
Session Two: Blackboard Grade Center
Time & Location: Wednesday, Apr. 10 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm at Webber Hall 311
Please email Carrie Halpin at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Do you know that this is the title of our Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)? Do you want to know the details of this proposed plan? Do you want to be involved with this project next year?
Come find out more information at the following sessions which are open to all faculty, staff, and students. Refreshments will be provided.
- Monday, April 8 12-1 pm in W308
- Thursday, April 11 2-3 pm in W310
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about Navigate: Get THERE through Team Advising, please contact Kristel Clark, QEP Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-857-6218.
The Virginia Western Volunteer Center and the Early Childhood Education Department is holding a children's book drive/Awareness Day to serve literacy needs in our community.
Please bring new or gently used books for Pre-K through 5th grade students!
When: Wednesday, April 3, 11-2 & Thursday, April 4, 2-5
Where: Craig Hall, outside the Campus Bookstore
The Campus Bookstore will be offering a new book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, at a reduced price. This is one of Virginia's pre-selected children's books for Week of the Young Child.
All books will be donated to TAP Head Start.